Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Schwinn Paramount

Thumbs up

You might be able to see the sticker on the bottom right of my garage cabinet...

I've got the sticker about 40 years before I got the bike.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,,This could look good on you with tomato juice dribbled down the font
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colnago-vint...QAAOSw3YJZUqbM
    Mark

Hi all, This is a New Zealand Company that produce a fantastic range of products in NZ Marino wool. Awesome quality and noticed they are shipping globally for free,
    We all love FREEE
    https://www.soigneur.co.nz/page/227235?nav=ccy
    Mark

larryg57
    IMG_0193.jpg

My recently restored 1973 Schwann Paramount. The frame was repaired and re chromed by Paul Wyganowsky. All the original components were refinished and anodized. I purchased the bike from Mike Walden who owned Coninental Bike shop in Hazel Park Michigan. Mike was an ex Olympic cyclist from the 1950 who coached and promoted cycle racing in the Detroit area.

Larry,
    Thats a New Zealand spec bike.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Larry,
    Thats a New Zealand spec bike.
    Mark
    Haha! Beautiful bike Larry.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Not mine,, and have NO idea if it is reasonably priced at $3900 USD but would love to know
    Mark
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cyc...1406606940.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Larryg57 View Post
    IMG_0193.jpg

My recently restored 1973 Schwann Paramount. The frame was repaired and re chromed by Paul Wyganowsky. All the original components were refinished and anodized. I purchased the bike from Mike Walden who owned Coninental Bike shop in Hazel Park Michigan. Mike was an ex Olympic cyclist from the 1950 who coached and promoted cycle racing in the Detroit area.
    Now there is a name I haven't heard of in a long time. Back in the early 90's I went to the Walden School of Cycling for spring training camp just north of Orlando FL. While there I learned what an amazing guy Mike Walden was. A really good rider in his own right as you mention, he had trained many national champions, world champions on the track, Olympic and Pan Am Games medalists. He formed and hosted one of the best cycling clubs in the US, the Wolverine Sports Club.

Those camps were fantastic. I learned many interesting training and racing skills while I was there. One of the things he taught which sticks in my mind was to never coast, always keep your pedals moving. The coaches would always instruct us to keep the pedals moving, even over railroad tracks, which I still do to this day.

Very cool bike Larry. Glad you posted the photo and made the connection with Walden's shop in Detroit.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299