Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Schwinn Paramount

Paris/Nice last weekend and weather getting better here in NYC. Sorry, I have to post some vintage bikes I will be getting out for some air/breeze! Getting out the cool vintage wool too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

More pics. My 9yr old with my half stash this past month. That 'other' city transport next to my Mexico. Park sign score found in Flea market!

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Bike season has really begun and no action here?

Here is a great article from Japan about the Kerin team / gambling!

OTB and bikes!

http://www.preferredmode.com/2015/04...-photo-essay/#

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Steve,

Really enjoy seeing your bikes and hearing you ride them too.

I am currently in the little town of Bedford VA for a week long Spring training camp. I am super excited to be here and riding every day this week. The camp is put on my well known former Pro and author Hunter Allen of Peaks Coaching Group and Training Peaks software. Also in camp this week will be former Pro Scott Moninger. Anyone who has followed racing over the last 2 decades will know that Scott has won more domestic pro races than anyone else. Should be a great week of riding (once we get past the torrential rain this afternoon) and learning.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Steve, You have some wonderful Itallian steel there and I'm really liking that Samson NJS track bike. Are you riding that Samson on NYC streets brakeless?

Yes I do. Samson was a Kerin track bike and not altered. So no holes drilled in forks or frame for brakes. I have a good amount of 'Braked' bikes so two track bikes in my stock changes things up a bit.

When they do go out into NYC traffic I try my best to be beyond alert and super careful since stopping can be sudden. I do stay off most of the traffic lanes and use the West side path mostly (still dangerous).

Like I said, Perfect weather days, Pista freedom feels way too good!!

Also, have way too many normal spoked wheels and these were done in SoCal some time ago (mid 90's?) and kind of like them for now. Most 'Fixie' riders here ( I hate that term) go nuts for the Samson and the twisted wheels. These are pics from last year when bought in SoCal from 2nd owner. Bike has been detailed, touched up and taped with vintage Ambrosio yellow tape.

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Steve, that's a very sharp Samson indeed. I too would not be able to drill into that fork. She is on the larger side for an NJS frame. 56-57cm?
    I have geared bikes as you do but there is something about track bikes that just hits the sweet spot for me.

Just had the Samson on a great 2 day commute here. Boy, it was a cold end of the week here in NYC! The 'Red Hook Crit' in Brooklyn was today but missed it again!

Recent pics of the Samson. I also just scored on this rare 70's large red travel bag.

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Thumbs up

While looking for something else in my bike stuff I came across my '73 US (bike) GP program.... and the pretty cool ad on pp. 12...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

A couple of years later that same buddy and I acquired a Swiss STAUB pre-war 26" mixie (man's/woman's) 3 speed, and we made it into a 27" double men's 10 speed.........

Here's us go'n down hill at about 60... Notice the absents of helmets or intelligence........
    From post #140...

Just found a couple of build photos of our old Staub tandem...

In the foreground in 1975 (with hair) with my late buddy Mort at his shop Peddler's West in the city of San Fernando.

We pained it 'fire engine red' and had 'Moss' (hot rod pin stripper) stripe it in orange......

We finished the bike to enter the very first Human Powered Speed Trails (organized by Dr. Paul MacCready) at the old Irwindale Raceway drag strip.

We didn't do very well that day... but that's another story..........

Our biggest complement that day was old A.D. (Art) Stump came over to us and said "That's a pretty good look'n bike boys"
    http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA...p_Art_main.htm

................ and so it goes
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter