Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwinn Paramount

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
    Watching those Fignon/LeMond battles was why I bought them originally. I liked the simple, no gimmick look of them then, and I still do. My current pair are getting a little beat and I was wondering if I was going to have to switch to something else ...... you recently found a pair? Gives me hope I might find some NOS somewhere.
    Thrift store find ................ $5 Looks like they were used once. They show up on eBay for $100 or so but usually in really small or really large sizes.

And I assume every self-respecting retrogrouch saw the premiere of Slaying the Badger on ESPN a few weeks back ....

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/elo5_iNEjRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by CurtEgerer; 08-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Thrift store find ................ $5
    And I assume every self-respecting retrogrouch saw the premiere of Slaying the Badger on ESPN a few weeks back ....
    Nothing wrong with being lucky.

I consider myself a charter member of the retrogrouch gruppe, but somehow missed Slaying the Badger video - watching it now ......

Remind you of what's going on at Mercedes with Rosberg and Hamilton???
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Thanks for the link Curt....... I remember being GLUED to the TV back then........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Same here. It was all so new back then - the height of the cycling boom, TdF on US TV and an American with a real chance to win. Isn't it amazing that Phil Liggett was calling the races back then too - what an institution that guy has become. It will be a sad day when he steps down.

Wish I still had some photos of my old lugged steel Bianchi's. Wonderful bikes. Never owned a car built in Italy but owned a few of their road bikes. My current ride is a carbon Kestrel Talon.

Great vid Curt. Watched that a couple of nights ago. What an epic battle and a great story also. Neat to see the guys in current "form."
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Dragged these from the basement. The green Frejus is '72, white one is '58 (steel Campagnolo seatpost!) The Fiorelli is '63 (note adjustable stem, 151 spacing in crank spider for the era's larger inner chainrings and the holder for the sew ups under the seat)SANY0075.jpg.SANY0076.jpgSANY0077.jpgSANY0077.jpg

Wow!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

All 3 are absolutely gorgeous! Are all of them original paint? I particularly like the green Frejus - that deserves to be built back up!

The white Frejus is a respray. I have rechromed steel Campagnolo,Magistroni, FB etc. parts for it. I have the parts to build up the green Frejus. I am just lazy. Here is a 1968 Legnano and a 1971 Raleigh International.SANY0078.jpgSANY0079.jpg