Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Officer

In the 2006 National event of the Australian TYP 901 register I had my 15 year old son as passenger and after some very spirited driving in my first RS #101 in some of the victorian country side I received a phone call from the front of the line that the police were waiting for us in the next town.

I was at the front of the pack as we pulled into this small country town

As we reached the town at the correct speed wondering if they had been contacted by a helicopter that may have been tracking us, the police were indeed waiting and I was flagged down.

At the same time my son was on the phone to those behind us (an offence for drivers in Australia) and the young male and female police constable who had flagged us down could hardly contain themselves as they ran to my sons side of the car ready to charge a 15 year old (driving age is 18 in Aust) with underage driving and being on the phone.

They were dumbfounded when they realised there was no steering wheel in front of him and I was driving a Left Hand drive car....much to their final dismay.

True story there are many witnesses!!!!
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Wink chicago style

When I was in High School many years ago,we hitch hiked to school from the suburb where I lived into the inner city.We routinely got rides from commuters who recognized our jackets and got us most of the way faster than the city bus could.One morning three of us were picked up on Western ave.which was a 30 MPH zone by a man heading our way.Several miles north we were stopped by one of Mayor Daley`s finest.The driver rolled down his window for the cop and before the cop even had a chance to say "good morning",he says,"officer that is the finest looking pencil in your pocket I have ever seen. How much would you sell it to me for." "Ten bucks" was the reply.Cash went out the window and we were on our way in less than 1 minute with the pencil.I learned more there than in school that day.The only differance between then and now is a different Mayor Daley and the bill denomination. TFM
    Member:S Registry #864

Angeles Crest Hwy 2 is arguably one of the greatest driving roads of all time. I was driving in a spirited manner when I noticed a motorcycle gaining on me. Being a true gentlemen, I was naturally inclined to accept the challenge and tried to lose the motorcycle. He would gain on the straights but under braking and cornering I was able to get some distance between us. Once we got into some more twisty bits I was finally able to shed the pesky bike. Mission accomplished then.

On the way back I spotted the same motorcycle again. This time he was in front of me. Naturally the rematch was on. I started to gain a little bit on him. It was definitely the same biker. Same gold helmet. Same motorcycle. Same gold helmet? Who has a gold helmet? That's when it dawned on me... IT WAS A COP!!!! SLOW DOWN YOU IDIOT!

Needless to say I spent the rest of the drive behaving like a Dutch tourist who had never seen anything taller than a speed bump.

n.
    EarlySRegistry #1426
    R Gruppe #525

http://nicolashunziker.com