Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 310

Thread: Uncovered! Short-lived third model: The 1967 911 deLuxe"

  1. #281
    Senior Member 911T1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,847
    Allen, not really.
    Fact is and as stated by a german member, the abbreaviations are indeed not correct and the handwriting is not what we learn when writing german (I had to learn the opposite when I lived a few years in the US. Nobody understood my 1 for a 1 as its rather written as a I.) It might was someone being fluent in both languages or someone from the US working now in Stuttgart. The note is also larger than most german writings on kardex, which btw, write 1 for a 1.

    It does not change anything to the fact the "deluxe" models existed, as you have made proof in this thread.
    Just agreeing with the member from Germany and recalling on something I always spotted.
    Wonder who wrote it as its clearly added afterwards, in style unusual and also as an abreviation.
    Karim / Registry member No.773
    www.karimnoureldin.net

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Allen, not really.
    Fact is and as stated by a german member, the abbreaviations are indeed not correct and the handwriting is not what we learn when writing german (I had to learn the opposite when I lived a few years in the US. Nobody understood my 1 for a 1 as its rather written as a I.) It might was someone being fluent in both languages or someone from the US working now in Stuttgart. The note is also larger than most german writings on kardex, which btw, write 1 for a 1.

    It does not change anything to the fact the "deluxe" models existed, as you have made proof in this thread.
    Just agreeing with the member from Germany and recalling on something I always spotted.
    Wonder who wrote it as its clearly added afterwards, in style unusual and also as an abreviation.
    Good observation and I agree and understand your point ! Me too. I really wonder !?? Wish we could find out !!! Thanks.


    -Allen-

  3. #283

    1967 deLuxe

    One more deLuxe and confirms our Chassis Number range info. Thanks !

    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 09-26-2017 at 08:56 AM.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Early on in this thread I once stated that the way the person wrote "R.S. Ex 13/66" is american style writing.. No German person ever would write like this, especially the numbers with an I for 1. It might explain why the appreviations are not typicially German style neither (I agree), so it does could explain why maybe it does mean Rundschreiben and export.

    There are other documents showing that the term Rundschreiben did was in use.
    Please look at this deLuxe kardex which is interesting in regards to handwriting in that it has a lot of handwritten notes on it. If one looks at the deLuxe "headline" writing (especially numbers) I think it is pretty clear that the numbers in the notes below are from the same hand. So, well you can draw your own conclusions. Thanks.

    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #285
    Senior Member 911T1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,847
    Hi Allen, of course the headline handwriting on the Kardex is always similar, most likely from the same hand and person, as you suggest.

    Now look at the different types of writing the number one, I for 1 at the headline and -always- 1 for 1 for any other handwriting below in the infos, several types of handwritings so several sources of people. Those are all german sourced handwritings, the headline however writes german with an american style.
    Just a fact and a observation, nothing more. (I used to live in the US and had to adapt my german writing exactly on this detail into US style).

    I once thought the headline was added later on the kardex, but still within the 1960ies time period. Again, just an idea. But anybody writing I for 1 did not write it like germans do or learned, which is using 1 for 1. just a fact.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Hi Allen, of course the headline handwriting on the Kardex is always similar, most likely from the same hand and person, as you suggest.

    Now look at the different types of writing the number one, I for 1 at the headline and -always- 1 for 1 for any other handwriting below in the infos, several types of handwritings so several sources of people. Those are all german sourced handwritings, the headline however writes german with an american style.
    Just a fact and a observation, nothing more. (I used to live in the US and had to adapt my german writing exactly on this detail into US style).

    I once thought the headline was added later on the kardex, but still within the 1960ies time period. Again, just an idea. But anybody writing I for 1 did not write it like germans do or learned, which is using 1 for 1. just a fact.
    Maybe I didn't make my comment clear. For example the hand written numbers, 6, 7 and 9, in the headline look to be of the same hand (writing) as down below in the comments/options sections. We can't tell in the script letters, since the headline is not written in script (cursive witting) rather than print/block lettering. Thanks.

    -Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 11-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.

  7. #287
    Porsche 911 deluxers,

    After months..and years..we have a minor breakthrough. A list member was kind enough to post some technical/service bulletins from 1966. He has 11/66 and we are looking for 13/66 (we think we want a sales bulletin but maybe not) Here we see in 11/66 the difference between the outgoing 1966 MY car (what became "deLuxe" in late 1966) and the new 1967 911S. We are getting so close ! Thanks to the seller. Here is his link of documents and the two relevant ones he kindly posted. Thanks to "adtvracing" New Zealand !
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-912-loose-lot
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    After months..and years..we have a minor breakthrough. A list member was kind enough to post some technical/service bulletins from 1966...
    He has 11/66 and we are looking for 13/66 (we think we want a sales bulletin but maybe not)...
    Allen, here are Service Bulletins F 13/66 (F for Fahrgestell), and M 13/66 (M for Motor und Kupplung).
    They don't have the information you're looking for.

    Name:  DSCN0959.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  85.9 KB

    Name:  DSCN0958.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  78.0 KB

    Jon B.
    Vista, CA

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    Porsche 911 deluxers,

    After months..and years..we have a minor breakthrough. A list member was kind enough to post some technical/service bulletins from 1966. He has 11/66 and we are looking for 13/66 (we think we want a sales bulletin but maybe not) Here we see in 11/66 the difference between the outgoing 1966 MY car (what became "deLuxe" in late 1966) and the new 1967 911S. We are getting so close ! Thanks to the seller. Here is his link of documents and the two relevant ones he kindly posted. Thanks to "adtvracing" New Zealand !
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-912-loose-lot

    ADTVRACING is it possible to post all the pages of F 11/67? It shows nicely the differences between the MY67 vs the years before.
    I also send you an email re. a similar request for the sportkit bulletin.

    BTW great input.

    Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

  10. #290
    Thanks Jon, This is great. I rotated them.

    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 1967 13 Windows Deluxe
    By SD Swede in forum Other Car Cultures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 10:07 AM
  2. WTB: "Service Information: Model 19XX" Bulletins for 1970 thru 1973.
    By derwhite in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
  4. Meredith's "Porsche 911 Model by Model" For Sale
    By peters911s in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Message Board Disclaimer
This is a public forum. Messages posted here can be viewed by the public. The Early 911S Registry is not responsible for messages posted in its online forums, and any message will express the views of the author and not the Early 911S Registry. Use of online forums shall constitute the agreement of the user not to post anything of religious or political content, false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise to violate the law and the further agreement of the user to be solely responsible for and hold the Early 911S Registry harmless in the event of any claim based on their message. Any viewer who finds a message objectionable should contact us immediately by email. The Early 911S Registry has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.