Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trying to contact paul chappell?

trying to contact paul chappell?

i'm attempting to contact paul chappell, ad simply want to check with the community about the best method.

is private message the best method of outreach?

i'm looking for some insights regarding a part, as well as the part, and he seems to have the knowledge, based on previous posts.

thanks for any help afforded.

Good as General Info
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    i'm attempting to contact paul chappell, ad simply want to check with the community about the best method.

is private message the best method of outreach?

i'm looking for some insights regarding a part, as well as the part, and he seems to have the knowledge, based on previous posts.

thanks for any help afforded.
    Good luck with that
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

not sure how to interpret the comment, but it does seem time to begin to pursue other sources.

i've always valued the thoughts and opinions of this community, and i've received a substantial amount of feedback regarding this inquiry and the seller.

i very much appreciate the feedback and it helps me to understand the failure to respond.

it wasn't the answer that i was seeking, but the reality is equally valuable, especially with regard to the need for sellers, generally, to treat potential buyers with respect.

thanks to all who've added value to this discussion.

Pauls is first class. Think he just posted something for sale.
    Last edited by doigthom; 11-23-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Ha,
    Purchased part from Paul back in 2020. I had a closer look at shipping receipt for tracking number as had not arrived and found that there were other transactions on the receipt. I had paid for two other lots of shipping including mine. (I was quoted $37.50)
    There was three different shipping addresses (one mine) on that receipt, two have made
    it to their destinations using tracking #'s. I thought my shipping
    was $37.50 usd not $17.25 (as per receipt) and would include tracking. Asked what's going on, looks like I
    covered the other two destinations and have no way to track mine?
    After two weeks of no reply to my email, Paul finally came back and blamed his employee. After jumping up and down he agreed to refund me $10, that ended up been short too once deposited into ppal.
    Lol!
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Paulsis first class. Think he just posted something for sale.
    Seriously!!
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Yes. Bought lots from him with no problem. Just seems to be running out of really good rare things to sell. But that's generally the problem in the for sale section for everything. How many more lights can enoz05 find. Paul had a lot of Vasek Polack stuff. If you can contact him ask him for thing you want. He can find stuff that he doesn't always advertise. Never got the impression that he was interested in adding to the knowledge base so that may be why you don't hear from him.

I feel the need to be clear, here. I responded to a for sale post by Paul Chappell. I also responded to a second for sale post by Mr. Chappell. I also sent Mr. Chappell an email and one or more privates messages in the same regard.

At this time, I am not aware of any response to any of the inquiries. I've done business before with Paul Chappell, without problem, but I have a difficult time understanding the lack of a response.

Mr. Chappell is entitled to do business in any manner he chooses. I am disappointed that he has not responded in a businesslike fashion, but I cannot change his decision.

If others had difficult transactions, I'm sorry for that, but my disappointment is entirely focused on Mr Chappell's response in this single case. It turns out there are others who were disatifed with their transactions, too. So be it.