Thread: price check 67 Normale?

price check 67 Normale?

Hey all -

It pains me to do this, but in order to fund my renewable energy startup company, I must put this little jewel on the blocks. However, arriving at a valuation might be interesting - -

What it is: 67 911 Normale VIN# 307576, Webers, tangerine, 4sp, steelies, unmolested (read un-restored) original condition, very minimal rust in some of the usual spots, mileage unknown exactly - estimate 135-150k, interior is great, all guages work, no dash cracks, roof liner is fine, carpet is pretty great for the age

What it needs: clutch, 2nd gear synchros, probably a re-build but engine starts and runs. Car is drivable. could use a paint job, but it is not horrific as is, some small dents and dings. wants tires.

Recent work: oil return lines, new plugs, new plug wires, new voltage regulator, gas tank hoses, carb hoses

I'm the third owner, I know the second owner very well. Car was well cared for. I have the original seats as well as some very nice leather corbeau seats (installed) with air-pump lumbar support for my tired back.

The valuation is all over the map for these things - anyone have any insight on what this might fetch in today's market?? price range??

thanks in advance -

td
    Napa, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images  

more info

I forgot to mention - car came with a 4spd, and has ventilated disc brakes (S brakes?)

any idea how rare this thing might be? there cannot be that many 4spds around any more? how many did they make?

I wish I were more knowledgeable on these things, but I'm learning a bit every day.

thanks for looking -

td

Valuation

td,

Based on your description and the work needed to your car, I would estimate its value at around $16,000, plus or minus. If it needs new floors or a front pan, decrease my estimate accordingly.

The 4 speed is, of course, less desirable than the 5 speed although it may have been rarer; 4 speed probably was less common.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E View Post
    td,
    The vented brakes were standard in US that year. The 4 speed is, of course, less desirable than the 5 speed although it may have been rarer; 4 speed probably was less common.

-Allen-
    I was under the impression only S cars had vented rotor's in 67.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I was under the impression only S cars had vented rotor's in 67.
    You are correct and I have edited my prior response to reflect this (and so as to no confuse)

And a free "bump" for the prospective seller.