Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Bosch RPM transducer still available?

Quote Originally Posted by marksgtv View Post
    Norway's a long way from NYC, but I'll bet John would buy you a beer at McSorley's if you're ever in town.
    And if he´s ever passing through here, he can get more than one beer and borrow one of these
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

I just had my transducer 'rebuilt' completely. Works great. PM me for contact information.

Vic

New Old Stock RPM Transducer available on ebay auction 170958746373

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    Hi.
    My "Zeitschalter" is totally fried, and I need a new one.
    Are they still produced, or is a used one my only option?? I called Porsche Norway but they could not find it.

Info from Zithlord probably from this forum:
    PN 2k 9711 0336611006 "RPM transducer" AKA "speed switch"

The RPM Transducer receives 12V (ignition-switched) power. When the distributor/tachometer wire signal says the engine is above 1500 RPM or so, it sends power to the microswitch. When the throttle arm contacts (closes) the microswitch when you are off the accelerator pedal, the fuel shutoff solenoid is activated. This pushes the injection pump main rack past full lean and shuts off fuel flow. The engine then slows in RPM. At the point that the distributor says the engine is below 1500 RPM, it opens the circuit to the microswitch and the solenoid retracts, allowing idle fuel flow to keep the engine from stalling.
    I have a small number of these NOS Bosch RPM Transducers 0 336 611 001 offered on ebay. Interested? djtomlinson@hotmail.com