Thread: Anyone in Austin and in touch with Stefan @ GTS Seats?

Anyone in Austin and in touch with Stefan @ GTS Seats?

Anybody know if Stefan at GTS Seats is alive? I have a seat on order and they have my 50% deposit. It was supposed to be ready by now. They aren't returning my phone calls or responding to email.

He just moved his shop from his Hill Country home to Austin central. I traded emails with him a few weeks back and all was well then. Perhaps he is on vacation ? He ususally answers his cell phone.

I could go by his shop if need be. Let me know.

Best
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks - about an hour after I made the post he sent me an email. I was getting a bit worried as I had made at least a couple of calls and sent a couple of emails. I knew he moved and know he is a one-man-band and he says he is swamped. I had to move my business last year and am a one-man-band myself. Unfortunately - I could not describe the current state of the business as swamped - in fact, I am at negative sales for the month (big returned order).

amazing what holds up in the economy. who would think replicate seats for old exotic cars would be recession proof
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    amazing what holds up in the economy. who would think replicate seats for old exotic cars would be recession proof
    Wish I could say the same for marine electronics!

There is a shop in my neighborhood that builds custom bicycles - like in the very high 4 to low 5 figure price range. Opened his shop about the same time as I started my business 14 years ago. He has a back log of about 6 months and it hasn't let up for him.

Stefan in Austin

Hi All,
    I have to apologize.
    Yes we moved to Austin to get things in order and to get a better grip on production.
    So far so good...
    The shop is up and running and we are running to get the orders out.
    Somethings got messed up by the landlord...no welding for 25 days etc.
    So guys , please accept my apologize.
    During the move in,construction and renovation I might have not caught the one or the other call, I am sorry.
    We will soon post pictures of the finished shop, our new Vic Elford Signature ST seat, revised brackets and other new features that we can offer now.
    ...Thank you guys for your trust, patience and input.
    Stefan in Austin, GTS classics
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com