Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 1968 T/R - "Out Of Africa"

Mike

If you mean the rounded brackets, they are for taking the ball of the large GHE rubber fasteners that were fitted when a ducktail was put on the car later in its life, as mentioned in the post they used fronts which have the rounded ball fastening unlike the original small GHE rears which have a straight "T" piece.

I plan to have the holes in the bumpers welded up again because I am pretty sure that is how they left the factory.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by John Straub View Post
    Tim,

I thought I would post a photo of these...they look just like the ones on you car.

I dug these out of storage, these are like new. I was looking for the 906 part number for them and I found it through a friend. They are # 906.332.025.00. They may have come on some 911R cars too, but I'm not sure about that. But it interesting to see them on a T/R.

If you hold one in each hand you can feel the difference...the reinforced Nadella is for sure lighter.

John

Great find . Any chance you would sell them or have another set/sorce where to score a pair. I need them, reinforced Nadellla's
    Thanks KG

Sorry for highjacking a thread.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

Favorite T/R

News?

Pics of small bits restoration?

Parts finds? Parts needs?

More history?

More updates!
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Quote Originally Posted by Flunder View Post
    News?

Pics of small bits restoration?

Parts finds? Parts needs?

More history?

More updates!

Hello Kettle, what color is that Pot?
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Guilty as charged!

Life has been pretty hectic over the last few months so have had little time to give to the car.....must try harder.

The Scheel drivers seat (probably added to the car in the early '70's, perhaps when the 380mm thick grip steering wheel was put on the car) is currently in Germany with Gerrit at NML-depot for refurbishment. Gerrit said he would take some photos during the work so we can have a before, during and after record.

Porsche in Germany (the archive depatment to be specific) have been particularly unhelpful to date; I don't think I will make any progress there until I go over in person.

Managed to get the phone number of one of the first owners in Kenya through the East African Safari Rally Association. I phoned him this week; not a great conversation due to a delay on the line and his advancing years but he managed to recall a few things. He had another 911 (ex Zasada car apparently as he recalled) around the same time which was in rally spec whilst the T/R was in circuit racing spec for what he termed "clubman" racing. This would make sense given the T/R's standard size fuel tank rather than the 100 litre option, its widened arches for bigger wheels and no evidence of either front or rear stone guards ever being attached (I would have expected these to have been some of the first "Sports Purpose" parts to be added if it had been intended to rally the car in Africa).

Off to Classic Le Mans next week but hopefully when I get back I will be able to get stuck in again and start making some more progress.
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Le Mans, see you there, are you going with DDK?

Kind Regards
    John #1022

1970 911E 2.2

Hello John

I am going down in my RS replica with a friend but we are helping out with a team that is competing (couple of Lola's not Porsches I am afraid) so camping in with the team...hands on experience but probably not much sleep!
    Tim

Which team are you with? I will keep a look out
    John #1022

1970 911E 2.2

Isla Racing, Lola T212 in grid 5 and a Lola T290 in grid 6.
    Tim

any updates on this fascinating car?