Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 1968 T/R - "Out Of Africa"

Correct.....and correct.

Yes Canford Classics completed a fantastic restoration keeping to the brief of retaining originality wherever possible, the car has since gone to an anonymous private collector in the UK so not much more I can add other than to thank all the people who helped me with advice, support and encouragement. Whilst sad to see it go the costs involved of such a restoration, allied to children reaching further education age, made it kind of inevitable that I would need to sell it. It is not all bad news though because the project has allowed me to get to know some great people who I now consider good friends whilst I am now able to indulge myself with both a 964 for use now, together with another '68 project that will start next year building on the knowledge I have acquired together with some interesting Sports Purpose parts.

So thanks again for all the help and last but not least thanks to the Early911S Registry and its contributors without whom it would not have been half the fun...... although if you had asked me eight plus years ago if I thought I would be studying logos on the top of bolts and screws I would have thought you had lost the plot!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    Correct.....and correct.

Yes Canford Classics completed a fantastic restoration keeping to the brief of retaining originality wherever possible, the car has since gone to an anonymous private collector in the UK so not much more I can add other than to thank all the people who helped me with advice, support and encouragement. Whilst sad to see it go the costs involved of such a restoration, allied to children reaching further education age, made it kind of inevitable that I would need to sell it. It is not all bad news though because the project has allowed me to get to know some great people who I now consider good friends whilst I am now able to indulge myself with both a 964 for use now, together with another '68 project that will start next year building on the knowledge I have acquired together with some interesting Sports Purpose parts.

So thanks again for all the help and last but not least thanks to the Early911S Registry and its contributors without whom it would not have been half the fun...... although if you had asked me eight plus years ago if I thought I would be studying logos on the top of bolts and screws I would have thought you had lost the plot!
    Yes Tim , I know the feeling my Car has been on the go since 1993 and still not ready , engine has had bottom end done now , just top end and add to Gearbox and then into the car and get setup.Some years I spent thousands on it and some years its just been sitting , in fact most.. it even has a patina now on its 20 year old paint job.. good luck on your new 68 , thats what I have with the Group 2 Rallye Kit bits/

>......................
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

This thread was mentioned recently in another thread. Thought newer members would enjoy reading it.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That would be a loss ....

..... to miss this thread!

To Peter: Thank you for pulling up the thread.

To Tim: A great thread, with everything that goes with it. Criminalistic perseverance, lots of technical facts, good forum exchange and humor (I particularly liked the story with the German salmon fishermen and the blonde "Fräulein" in the dirndl at Porsche!).
    For me, the thread definitely belongs in the top ten, thank you very much!
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

Looking for the engine 6320484
    MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1973 T with gentle updates
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super