I have been lurking around for quite sometime.

I have had the older cars in my blood since 1986. I was 16 years old and my dad bought a 73.5 as a mid life crisis car. It was tangerine with black interior. It was a 911T and was purchased from Tony's Foreign Car in Wilmington around June 25, 1986. I learned to drive on this car on the back country roads of Johnston County. I was from Selma, NC at the time. The car was a blast. It had a 5 speed and factory AC. It use to vapor lock all the time in humid conditions. Once on a date to Raleigh, I pulled over so the young lady with me could get out and smoke a cigarette, in the rain. The car was awesome. We ended up trading the car in a 1985 Toyota MR2 at the Smithfield Ford dealership. I know we had the car through spring break of 1987 because I took the car to Atlantic Beach for spring break. I am not sure of the actual trade in date.

We had a interesting group of Porsches at the little country high school. My 73.5 911T, there was 1988 928 (brand new), a 87 944 and 356 Speedster. We were mixed in with the Mustang GTs, Camaro IROCs, Jeeps and Pick up trucks.

I would love to get another 73.5 one day however I believe my budget will be closer to a 78 to 82 SC.

This site is fantastic.

PS - Anyone out there have this car, I would love to hear about it and see some pictures. The car was in showroom condition when traded, except the passenger door would not latch and was held closed with a bungie cord.