For sale - recently restored 1969 911 S, VIN 119300093, engine #6390165. This is a COA engine and transmission numbers and exterior paint, Burgundy red #6808, matching, sun roof clip added, new or restored almost everything to a near full concours level, driven only 500 break-in miles. Engine and MFI rebuilt by prior owner in Scottsdale before I purchased the car, with zero hours, at a cost of $18,000 and I have spent over $50,000 in professional mechanical, paint and body, interior, and parts and over 500 hours of my time. These costs plus the cost to purchase a complete and nearly rust free example, at least $35,000, do the math, $18,000 + $50,000 + $35,000 + 500 hours X $??.??, more than I care to think about, well over $100,000. Every hour and dollar spent is documented on seven pages on Excel spread sheet and several hundred photos from start to finish. The original miles driven is unknown and doesn’t matter at this point.

Some of the restoration highlights are:

All hardware re-plated yellow cad, clear zinc or black oxide
Door and quarter trim wasre-anodized by Marcos, King of Trim
Dash re-covered by Just Dashes
New interior by Autoweave, Denver, to include an NOS head liner, hounds tooth seat inserts, custom made carpets and door panels
Steering wheel re-wrapped by Autobahn
Wheels, original with correct date stamps, restored by Wheel Enhancements and five new Vredestein 185/70 HR X 15 tires
Transmission rebuilt
Brakes rebuilt
Suspension rebuilt but not steering rack
New windshield
Gauges restored by North Hollywood
Suspension components and engine sheet metal re-painted
Gas tank restored with correct gray undercoating
All chrome re-plated – seat hinges, outside door handles, bumper guards, head light rims, bezels, shift lever, heater control levers, etc.
Seat sliders re-plated clear zinc and stands repainted
New parts include: turn signal lenses, shocks, seals, bumper and side deco trim, etc., over $2,100 from Stoddard alone
Meticulous attempt was made to re-undercoat and restore undercarriage, wheel wells, front and engine compartment
Sun roof clip was added using a complete 1974 roof
Radio restored to working condition

There is a 240 photo album at: http://imageevent.com/356consulting/...0r23.buffalo_s

Every attempt was made to retain the originality of hundreds of small details of this rare example and many of these are shown in the photos. Correct tool kit, jack and Owner’s manuals and factory Burgundy red, #6808, and touch-up paint tube included. Most of the obvious flaws shown in the photos have been corrected, the photos are two months old, I will try to post updated photos after the Parade.

Price mid $80,000's US

The car won first place in the early 911/912 touring class at the 2009 Keystone Parade Concours event, June 30, 2009, scoring 233.2 out of 235.0 possible.

Tom Scott
www.356Consulting.com
tomlynns@aol.com
303-819-0101