Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recipe: Duck a la Porsche

Oooh John. Not a lot of laughs on that one. Maybe some uncomfortable guffaws, shifting in seats and a guy in the back clearing his throat.
    Nate Y
    Early 911S Registry #1232

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    The same thing happened to the Factory in 1972 with a 911ST. . . the root cause was determined to be a lack of controllability at high speeds due to insufficient downforce. . .leading to. . . wait for it. . . the development of the . . . . . DUCK TAIL!

I am here all week.
    John,

You're blanking KILLING ME!!!

I will sheepishly admit that I actually laughed out loud.......I think it was the "I'm here all week comment."
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Ok, here is my video of the last race (its split into 2 parts due to the length).

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n09Sm...e=channel_page

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2qFd...eature=channel

as you will see i had some serious traction issues pretty much everywhere on the track - including the main straight!

i was running kuhmo tarmac rally tyres that have done classic adelaide rally (a 4 day 2000+ km event) and about 4 other track events (including driving to and fro). they have been brave little soldiers and were still pretty good in the dry (beat my best time in qualifying) however they surrendered when the rain started falling.

got a great start though!

and yes, it is the SAME white sprite that passes me, fall off the track, passes me again then falls off the track again, and then passes me a third time - and narrowly misses falling off the track...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus