Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is a new Ultimate Hot Rod...

There is a new Ultimate Hot Rod...

There was the Nielsen ST, the Smith 3.6, the Nielsen SWB and the list goes onward back into time. Today there is a new King of the Hot Rod 911s, Rob Dickinson's RSRSTR, uh...whatchamacallit?

Damn, these guys really know how to make a job hard on a guy!

See 'em all:
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet...2009/Page1.htm
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

This is the car that started like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Whoa, I'm impressed! No wonders Rob has been so quiet lately...

Do you measure this in cubic dollars?

It almost looks like a factory prototype car... Now if they would build something like that TODAY, I am sure the company would find its proper roots again!!!
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

HOLY CRAP!!!! I just found more specs on the build:

ENGINE
    • 3.82-liter normally aspirated flat-six 8000 rpm limit
    • 9M (Ninemeister) machined from solid cylinder heads
    • 9M individual throttle bodies
    • 9M 103mm pistons and cylinders
    • 9M valve springs and retainers
    • 9M camshaft
    • 997 GT3 crankshaft
    • 997 GT3R oil pump
    • 997 GT3 titanium connecting rods
    • Motec M800 ECU with data logging, launch/traction control
    • Lightweight wiring loom
    • Lightweight stainless steel header / heat exchanger system with 100 cell cats, Singer stainless steel muffler
    • 425 BHP / 340 lb. ft. torque
    • 0-60 mph – 3.9 seconds
    • 0-100 mph – 8.5 seconds
    • Top speed 170+ mph

TRANSMISSION
    • Getrag G50 six-speed close ratio gearbox
    • Lightweight flywheel and carbon twin-plate clutch

SUSPENSION
    • Multi-adjustable remote reservoir Moton shock absorbers with Eibach coil-over springs
    • Jerry Woods Enterprises / Smart Racing Products multi-adjustable sway-bars and suspension componentry for ultimate fine-tuned road and track performance
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

This is his new business. Take any LWB 69-89, strip it, build it up with carbon fibre second skin, additional welding, addition of liteweight backbone structure for chassis torsional rigidity improvement. Various smart racing products, Macpherson strut and Carrera SC rear trailing arms, Eibach springs, Moton dampers, Jerry Woods hydraulic power steering, Brembo calipers and rotors, 17x9 and 17x11 wheels, 993 3.6 Ninemeister designed/Jerry Woods built up to 3.82 liters managed by Motec M800 ECU. 0-60 in 3.9s.
    Carbon Fiber exterior using Kevlar honeycomb in creation of liteweight pieces with doors the only original panels remaining. Liteweight wiring harness allows liteweight electric AC, garmin navigation, ipod+bluetooth connectivity. Electric vintage seats. HID headlamps to improve lighting. Available in GT and Touring models.
    Seems like he is getting a new venture off the ground. Not my cup of tea, but some nice touches indeed, as were on his previous car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

This says it for me

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    for me it's jeff's restraint that made the car.
    I cannot articulate where the line is for me, but IMO, Rob's car lost it's early 911 soul somewhere along the way. Doesn't matter, I'm sure Rob is thrilled with it, and it is a great looking (and I'm sure driving) car.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Yeow!!!!!!!!!
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    This is his new business. Take any LWB 69-89, strip it, build it up with carbon fibre second skin, additional welding, addition of liteweight backbone structure for chassis torsional rigidity improvement. Various smart racing products, Macpherson strut and Carrera SC rear trailing arms, Eibach springs, Moton dampers, Jerry Woods hydraulic power steering, Brembo calipers and rotors, 17x9 and 17x11 wheels, 993 3.6 Ninemeister designed/Jerry Woods built up to 3.82 liters managed by Motec M800 ECU. 0-60 in 3.9s.
    Carbon Fiber exterior using Kevlar honeycomb in creation of liteweight pieces with doors the only original panels remaining. Liteweight wiring harness allows liteweight electric AC.....
    for all the light wt. this & that, it is pretty heavy at 2,400 lbs.

maybe that is the price of 400 hp and a G-50...

oh mommy....that is nice. I am a dedicated DIY fanatic and I am always impressed with the stuff that's coming out of individuals heads and hands. This may be a bit beyond the typical DIY....but it is definitely driven by vision. I don't know Rob... but nice job. I hope that your new biz does very well.
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

Wow...I'm IMPRESSED! That thing is FREAKIN' NICE! Now wonder there hasn't been an album in a while....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....