I'd say its a Recaro and not a Scheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    I'd say its a Recaro and not a Scheel.
    spoke to kevin jeanette;the seat is a hight back recaro!

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227 View Post
    spoke to kevin jeanette;the seat is a hight back recaro!
    Cool, thanks Frank! I've sat in one of those and they are even more comfy than the standard Recaro sport. I like the beefier side bolsters too. Very purposeful.

Now, between that one and my FG Scheels....tough call but, I lean toward my Scheels because of the foam profile for the lumbar.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Scheel 400 Ralyes

I have a pair of scheel 400 Rallyes just like in Cosley's photo earlier in this thread. I would like to sell these seats if anyone is interested. Mine do not have headrests and are cloth. PM or e-mail if interested in photos.

David

I've got a 401 and a 501 pictured below.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

The 401 is comfy too. It rides nearly identical to the Recaro sport.

I've got one of those as well to go with my 300s in case the wife is riding shotgun. The recliner mec. cover is cracked and needs to be replaced but the majority of it is in nicely patina'd condish.

Hmm, now that I think about it all I need is one set of Recaro buckets and I'll have the full monte in terms of seating styles, heh heh.

Like I need another accessory fetish
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Scheel 300: Update of Scheel 911R?

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    Flunder - I would like to open this up for discussion. Is it your opinion that the Scheel 300s were not made until '72?
    Bob:

I always thought the Scheel 300 Race seat was essentially an update of the earlier Scheel race seat. Perhaps the re-design of the Scheel 911R seat, the forerunner to the 300, was prompted by the Federally mandated head restraints for the U.S. market.

I think the 300 was around in the U.S. during MY 1970 but could be wrong. The U.S. market usually received this sort of stuff later than in Germany so maybe the 300 was introduced in 1969 for the home market?

The image below shows the regular factory option Scheel Race Seat for MY 1968 (only) according to Michael Long's book. It was spec'd for 911R and is sometimes seen in T-R and MY 1968 coupes fitted with Rally Kit 9551/2.

The Race Department invited drivers and co-drivers of factory entered rally cars to select seats to their personal preference - hence mis-matched seats in so many rally cars and older model seats turning up in later cars because some favored the old tried and true models over then-current offerings from Recaro and Scheel.

This 911R seat came from Germany a few years ago. It is all original: leatherette, corduroy and grommets. It is fitted on a stationary, non-tilting mounting bracket.

Note the cigarette burn on the right side thigh bolster - nasty habit that.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

anyone ever put one of these on a scale?
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Quote Originally Posted by joetiii View Post
    anyone ever put one of these on a scale?
    Well, I can't speak for the replicas but, my original 300 (fiberglass shell bucket) with headrest and the seat portion of the slides mounted weigh in at 21.9 lbs.

Scheel also made a seat that looks very similar but, had a steel frame.

The tilt brackets are very minimalistic as well. I'll post a couple of pics.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I have this later model scheel seat, it must be from the late 70s or early 80s

If anyone is interested I may sell it. kobusc2gmail.com