Thread: Now I did it...Early 911s Registry on Facebook

Talking Now I did it...Early 911s Registry on Facebook

I figured it is probably redundant, but figured it better to grab the name and create a group for the Registry on Facebook, than wait for some pirate to coopt the name.

It is an open group dedicated to fans of the Registry and not limited to paying members.

Anyhow, if you want to see it, you can find it here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....d=130908233333
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Air-cooled to the end
    Good thinking, Batman

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

Oh, no more more electronic places to go.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Thankfully this site has not become known well enough to attract the spammers like Pelican does at times. They were getting 2 or 3 per day there for a while. This site can be slow at times, and I'd hate to see hackers make it worse, and devour lots of admin time also.

Is there any chance of having our own Wiki?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Nice. Putting in friend requests for people I recognize names. If you get a request from Scott, a cheeseball standing between a jet and a yellow Corvette, think kindly, ha ha.
    BTW, does anyone play Street Racer on FB? I need more crew. There's a GT2 in it for you

Kenik - good idea locking up the name. But I don't understand the whole facebook/twitter/whatever thing - probably because I'm really old. Is there something someone can do on Facebook that couldn't be done right here on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Kenik - good idea locking up the name. But I don't understand the whole facebook/twitter/whatever thing - probably because I'm really old. Is there something someone can do on Facebook that couldn't be done right here on the forum?
    Not really, other than allowing people who use Facebook to more easily tie their friends into their existing network. It is a bit more personal than PMing, that's for sure AND you get to see someone's real name, guaranteed.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Thankfully this site has not become known well enough to attract the spammers like Pelican does at times. They were getting 2 or 3 per day there for a while. This site can be slow at times, and I'd hate to see hackers make it worse, and devour lots of admin time also.

Is there any chance of having our own Wiki?
    2 or 3? With all the open forums on the bird, they were getting dozens. Fortunately, they have 10-12 moderators and spam was reported almost immediately by members.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    But I don't understand the whole facebook/twitter/whatever thing - probably because I'm really old.

Yes, its a young person thing.........

Thanks Kenikh, looks like it will be fun.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow