Thread: History/records of Carrera RS #813?

History/records of Carrera RS #813?

Hello guys

I've finally had the chance to buy my dream 911, a signal yellow '73 Carrera RS with a sunroof. It was deliverd to its probably quite happy first owner in in Germany and has later (around 2001/2002) been part of Nicholas Cage's stable. It was then sold in March 2002 through RM Auctions on Amelia Island to the last owner who had it until I bought it 2 months ago.

I've spent many hours trying to do reasearch regarding 911 360 0813 on the net and have found that it has been offered around the year 2000 by "Heritage Classics" in LA. Their description said "...., threee owners, last owner since 1986, owner's manuals & factory Kardex..." I guess they would not have claimed that if it hadn't been correct. Heritage is probably where Cage has bought it. Unfortunately, neither the guys at RM Auctions nor at Heritage Classics were able to locate some records which - at one point in time - have been with the car. And you can imagine that I can't call Nicholas just like that. Or shall I give it a try? ;-)

I do have the big Carrera RS book by Gruber & Konradsheim, which helped to confirm the options etc. But it would be of course great to have more/all available records. They're out there somewhere....

My questions:

a) Does anybody have any idea how I could find more information/records about the car's time in the USA?

b) I've got some recent records from "Autobahn Service Inc." in Fairfax, VA. Does anybody know this shop?

c) Does anybody know Nicholas Cage personally and could ask him about records or pics? Ok, that's a long shot but one never knows.....

Thanks a lot for your very appreciated thougths and ideas.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Rs 0813

Welcome the RS owners club Mike! Since you live pretty close to Austria, I would pay herr Konradsheim a visit, he might be able to tell you more about the car when it was still registered in Germany. I am sure there are other members here that can tell you more about it's US history...I haven't seen any details of this RS, even no pictures, so bring them on!

Regards, Cees

Congrats Mike

Signal yellow is such a great colour for an RS. Good luck in your search. It took me 4 years to piece together the complete story on my Italian delivered RS. It was fun though!!

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Mike, try contacting his business manager if you can find out who they are. I'm sure they would have been the ones that had any paperwork on the car...

My dog trainer (whom I have not seen in a while) also trained his dogs and remembers seeing the car there, but a long time ago, obviously. But that connection won't help at this point...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Hello Mike,
    you could try to contact a guy called Barry Smits over here in Holland. He traded a lot RS's here and in the USA and once told me that he sold an RS to Nicolas Cage. He had a picture of Cage with a signal yellow car to prove it. He told me this in 2002 or 2003. He dous not do much 911's anymore but he is still in the cartrading bussiness. You can contact him on 0031-13-5284997 or take a look at his websites:
    www.berrysmits.nl or www.porscheclassics.nl
    Succes with you search!!!
    Regards,
    Chris Mulder

Thanks a lot!

You guys are great, thanks a lot! All these pieces of information and ideas will help to find again/collect the lost history of this car. I'm a sucker for old records/invoices and I love to go through them, it's part of the fun for me :-)

I'm going to follow all tips but your appreciated input is still very welcome of course.

I want to return the favor, if you ever need any PPI or whatever in Switzerland or Germany, let me know and I try to help with my "network" of Porsche fellows over here.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

Great pics of Nicholas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley in RS

Hello all

Chris gave me an excellent tip by supplying the mail address of Berry, the Dutch guy who sold Cage the car. Berry in turn sent me a scan of a newspaper story showing Cage and Presley (no, not the King, his daugther) kissing in the RS :-) and he promised to check if he had more records. Isn't this registry and the internet a fantastic source of information?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mike, member #841