Thread: Getting Started

Getting Started

Hello all.

As you can see I'm new on here.

I was wondering if any of you could please point me in the direction of a company, website, etc that can supply me with 4 billet alloy wheel spacers for a set of early Fuch.

All the best, Ad

Getting Started

Start with Weidmans Wheels, he's in Orrovill Calif. He didn't invent the wheel, but he knows the guy who did He's also a member of this site.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Adam,

Welcome to Early S.

I' think you'll find the H&R spacers to be the best, and they're widely available. ( yes, the same people who make the OEM & aftermarket coil springs). They are German-made, aircraft grade alum., precisely manufactured and available in a multitude of metric width. Don't forget to install the appropriate lenght studs ( if needed) after you figure out the thickness of the spacers you plan on installing.

Good Luck

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Start with Weidmans Wheels, he's in Orrovill Calif. He didn't invent the wheel, but he knows the guy who did He's also a member of this site.
    Thanks Ed.

I forgot to mention that I'm in the UK, but I will give him a call as I have a few friends in Santa Monica who could send them over for me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Adam,

Welcome to Early S.

I' think you'll find the H&R spacers to be the best, and they're widely available. ( yes, the same people who make the OEM & aftermarket coil springs). They are German-made, aircraft grade alum., precisely manufactured and available in a multitude of metric width. Don't forget to install the appropriate lenght studs ( if needed) after you figure out the thickness of the spacers you plan on installing.

Good Luck

JZG
    Thanks for the welcome John. Yep, need to decide on the right thickness before I commit to stud length. I'm gonna need a spacer of around 13mm but I reckon I might be able machine a few mm off. Once all my clearance issues are sorted I will be able to finalise my stud length.

I'll see if I can track down a UK outlet for H&R.

Again, thanks to you both,

Adam.