Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 speedster...early

Speedo,

Sent PM.

John

The Hagemann car was red and was mid-engined. It was basically a Boxster before it's time, with a 914 transmission. Jack made the body by hand in his garage. He built many sport car specials in the 1960s on Jaguar, Lister, and Chevy platforms. The car was written up in a 1 or 2 page article in Road and Track in the late 1980s, and he took the car to Monterey a couple of times in the very late eighties and/or early nineties. I have some pictures around from seeing the car in Alamo (where Jack lived) and in Monterey.

Good luck Lars. This looks like a cool project no matter which way you head with it.

EDIT - The Jack Hagemann 911 Spyder was in Road & Track, July, 1985 (that issue also had a comparison of the 911 Carrera to the 944 turbo)

Best,
    Alex
    Early S Reg #1809

Speedo - Here are the pics of the Hagemann car from David Featherston's "Custom Porsche" book.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

This looks great..

Thanks Ryan...
    Is he still alive? Anybody know? Is the car still around? I feel like I am losing my balance on a slippery slope

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Speedo,

I sent the scans to your emailaddress.

John

Quote Originally Posted by obrut View Post
    Here are some other early speedster pics I have collected, both 912 based to avoid the induction problem you mentioned.
    I corresponded years ago with the guy that built these two cars. I thought they were very well done. He lived in Indiana iirc, Ted something, I think that I have his email address somewhere. Has anyone seen these cars lately?
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Jim,

Both of those cars have sold on ebay within the last 5 or so years.

The guy who bought the red one was on Pelican a bit. I asked him for some detail shots of the windscreen posts, which he kindly provided.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Ryan, I looked back through some saved emails from '03 and found this post about how he did the windshield.....

"....the windshield is one of the tricky parts. it uses real modified 356 posts. a cut down stock 911/ 912 windshield , a real speedster upper seal , a stock lower section of the 911/ 912 seal and trim ( on the speedster ) and a modified beck upper molding reshaped to fit the 911glass' contour, and a stock 356 tension rod and mirror setup. it's all alot of work to make it come out right....."
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Here's the pics he sent me for future reference. I think its a pretty clean installation.
    Cheers, Ryan

911 Stan Townes Speedster

After searching for this car for the past 15 years, and nerve racking week of negotiation worthy of a story in "Cobra in the Barn", I purchased the Townes car approximately a year ago from a gentleman in the LA area. The car suffered from neglect not abuse. My intent is to bring it back to it's former glory. It originated as a 67 T, but runs much stronger than any 2 liter T I've ever driven. It arrived with some bs seats, carpets shot, missing 128's. All those issues have been addressed with NOS parts from my "stash". The optional rear storage deck that gravity and god couldn't keep together is being restored. It was reintroduced today at the Parade concours in St Charles Il.
    Haig Haleblian
    67 Stan Townes Speedster
    70 911 S Silver/Black Sport Seats S/R
    71 911 S Signal Yellow/Blk Alloy Decks
    57 Barnfind Ruby Red Speedster
    57 Orange/Tan Two Owner Cab 38k miles documented
    58 Stone Grey/Red Coupe/Red

More parts and parts cars than any man needs