Thread: rs#858,viper green

rs#858,viper green

Russo and Steele sold this car for $275,000 plus 10% vig total $302,500

anybody know anything about this car?

Hi Frank,

Yes, I know a little bit about it. I looked it over on the street outside the motel in Monterey where Russo Steele was holding the auction in '08. It was in the evening so the lighting was bad by then. I got into a nice discussion with the owner who was on the sidewalk. This sale was before the market meltdown so I speculated to the owner I thought the car would hammer for $275K, sure enough it did.

Turns out the car was brought into the country along with two other Carreras and an RSR back in the '80's I believe. The cars were brought in by one of the Eitleljorg sons (wealthy developer in Indy). They sold the RSR on the dock in NY and brought the other cars to Indy.

I think 2 of the cars were sold off over the years and this one was kept until some point in '07 or '08 when it was bought by the shop that maintained it over the years www.ooley-blackburn.com The person I was talking with was (John ?) Blackburn. Very nice guy. I'm sure he would be glad to discuss the history with you if you give him a call.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

from their site
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Similar Threads

1. Conda Green or Viper Green w/ Tan Part 2
    By rpsurfr in forum General Info
    Replies: 6