Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 71S found in driveway, heavily optioned. They are still out there!!!

71S found in driveway, heavily optioned. They are still out there!!!

A friend of mine's wife found him the ultimate birthday present, a heavily optioned and original 71 S, that has been sitting since 94. Check out the full story on the blog.

http://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Cool.

(and 10 characters so it will post).
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

What a great find. Would love to see more pics of the interior and how the factry placed the spare tire over the Rallye tank.

Thanks for sharing!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Hey, George!

Ay-yay-yay! . . .

'. . . I love stories like this, even if I am not the one finding the car. This very original 71 S was found not by my friend George, but by his wife Susan. She stumbled across it and figured it would make a great birthday surprise for George (don’t we all want a wife like this!!!). So she rang the doorbell of the house and talked to the owner and his wife who initially said the car was not for sale and that she was not the first person to stop and ask. But Susan convinced them it was time to let the car go to someone who would bring it back to its former glory. It will sit nicely in George’s stable with his Pre-A cab and his Speedster . . .

. . . George was wowed by the car and did some research on it. It was heavily optioned from the factory with cool accessories like the large gas tank and sport seats. The car had been sitting since 1994. The car came with the tool kit and a lot of the original paperwork.
    The car was traded in in 1974 for a VW bus at Algar Porsche Audi, the owner wanted his “cosmic adventure”. The car was than bought at Algar Porsche Audi for $10,000 that same year. The third owner (74-78) was able to provide some great period pictures.
    So far George has started pecking around the car, no rust in the floors! Knowing George and his collection this car will re-appear in a few years ready for a Concours d’Elegance, Hilton Head anyone? Maybe when it is done I can talk George into trading cars for the weekend (the shot of me and my Roadster, posing with George.) . . .
    '

So?

What happened?

Did George ever get this car restored? . . .

. . . anybody?

We Can Be Heroes

George lurks here... maybe he will speak up on this thread

He just picked up his 55 Continental Coupe at 'the shop' a few days ago. One of my all time favorite cars.

His Speedster mentioned above was the Rodriguez car that sold at Amelia this past spring.

I believe he is slowly piecing the 71S back together. I have seen many of its parts around the shop on their way to refurbishment.

He's also a true gentleman and scholar of the marque.

George, maybe you'll give the board an update...?

- Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    . . . George lurks here . . .

. . . His Speedster mentioned above was the Rodriguez car that sold at Amelia this past spring . . .

Holy-moly!

We Can Be Heroes

I think he is finishing up on the S, this was from December I think.
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Hey Guys !! Thanks for the interest in the S !! I will post updated pics when back home inthe middle of the week. I have been in Adams neck of the woods driving with the Northeast 356 fellows in the Saratoga Springs area over the weekend. The S is slowly taking shape !! George Kehler

What color is the blue car? Looks like mine but mine isn't a factory color. Sometimes a Gemini blue looks lighter in a photo and that also looks like my car.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 5616
Size:  96.8 KB

I've got a Gemini blue that's much darker than this one. I've never seen a gemini blue this light.

Richard Newton