Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Porche Coffee Meet .... for 2009

Sherwood, thank you for posting pics and making us cold climate dudes jealous. Would you care to share the story behind Magnus' striped SWB? That looks like a pretty cool car. Love the 914-6 GT - very nice. Also, the third photo from your November event shows a champagne colored car next to the gold one. Who's is that and was that the car originally listed for sale by acvegan? If so, I considered that car when shopping for a hotrod and I always wondered what happened to it.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Scott,
    The champagne 911 belongs to a "Christian" (I don't recall his last name nor much car details). Maybe he'll chime in with some car data.

All I know about Magnus' 911 is that it's a '68 with a 2.2S engine, and it's very clean. He claims it's quick too. He or others might see this and provide more details. Also, Magnus seems to have more 911s than most people have spare underwear. For a time, I thought he merely repainted one car before each coffee meet. No. They're all different.

Sherwood

Status as of 2 years ago:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bummer...wish I had made it. Hope to see you all in New Year!

Here's a recent pic....

R
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robert
    964R Gruppe #001
    911S Member #1444

ACVEGAN it is

Hi all,
    The Champagne car is mine (Christian Stevens) and it is actually a SC color called Linen. I usually make it to C&C there at SBux but was having a good time in Mexico this time.
    The car is a stock T with 2.7 MFI and was mostly a local car with one owner from new until the Vegan bought it, he had it for just under a year and put a whopping 800 miles on it. It is a great car very solid and I have found no rust but it was very poorly maintained despite a rebuild and leaked, sputtered and made at best 160HP laid down onto tires hard enough to pass for steel.
    Thanks to Tony and Marco of TLG the car is a purring animal and regularly tracked by me and my daughter, she has had laps in it from Magnus and several other PCA instructors and we love the car.
    Levon (HUGELY missed!) and George did the interior adding the original door pockets, carpets and headliner and we have 2 sets of 7"s one for now and one for summer/track. Dave at TRE sourced some sport seats correct for 73 and Autobahn did them in leather.
    This is a very pretty car and has a great stance but still gets out for AutoX and hammered at SOW which somehow it loves and drives better for weeks afterwards.
    Originally silver the Linen looks pretty wicked on the car especially with the black center 7s and is something different for a change there being no shortage of silver Ts.
    Thanks for noticing ( and not buying!) the car, come up and say hi anytime.