Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thru the grill driving lights/1971 911T

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy78 View Post
    If I may tag onto Chris' question... What are the lights shown below? They are on a very original 41K miles 69T formally owned by Fred Meyer, salesman extraordinaire in Bellevue, WA. He of course had ready access to the parts catalog and so I'm thinking they are in that respect "correct"? BTW, he picked me up in that car when I went to take delivery of my first new car back in 1978. Thanks.

Attachment 76347
    That's a pretty great car, and Fred's an old friend. Fred had a new Porsche "on order" from my dad who imported cars through Ben Pon... but he decided he didn't want to wait for the car, and bought the 69T pictured here instead. The car he cancelled was a 69S, and to this day Fred always tells me he never should have cancelled that car.

As you can see in the pic, Fred liked to make changes off and on with the car. At one time it had Vitaloni mirrors, a Faza quad exhaust and the S type front bumper, but he always kept the original items for the car. The year he sold it (2007?) he had it changed back to all completely stock, and it was a stunner (absolutely perfect original sport seats). I got the original key pouch (it was still PERFECT) from Fred when he sold the car.

cheers,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    That's a pretty great car, and Fred's an old friend. Fred had a new Porsche "on order" from my dad who imported cars through Ben Pon... but he decided he didn't want to wait for the car, and bought the 69T pictured here instead. The car he cancelled was a 69S, and to this day Fred always tells me he never should have cancelled that car.
    Ah, I can imagine the regret Fred felt in later years for not taking delivery of the "S". I enjoyed my brief encounter with Fred -- it was a quality business transaction. The experience of riding in that 69T of his has always stuck with me as it was my first ride in a Porsche and has led me to my passion for these cars. Sadly (as viewed from today's perspective), he was taking me to take delivery of my new Audi Fox that day, not a P-car.

I stumbled upon the listing of his car on the Road Scholars site after it was sold. Had I seen it while still available I would have moved heaven and earth to make the deal. I mean what could be better -- the 1st 911 you ever rode in still looking like it did that day! Anyone know where it wound up?

(Apologies to the OP for the drift.)

PS... Glad he ditched the Vitaloni's!

1971 911T Irish Green

thru the grill lights

Thanks to all the experts for the valuable information. Really appreciate the forum and the responses.

Have a good holiday

Chris Johnson