Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vasek Polak, Redondo Beach

Vasek Polak, Redondo Beach

Hey guys. On a Redondo Beach location: The best I've been able to determine on the web is that Vasek Polak had a used car dealership there. I haven't been able to confirm or find out any details. Anyone know?
    thanks,
    Mark
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Hi Mark:

When I first moved to So. Cal. back in 1971, my best friend and I used to hang out at the Vasek Polak Porsche/Audi dealership that was located on Pacific Coast Highway in Hermosa Beach. The dealership isn't there any more, and I'm not sure what happened to it. They were very tolerant of a couple of high school kids hanging out and ogling the 911s (and the 917K in the showroom!

Mike Hinton

Vasel Polak Dealership Locations

I remember that Vasek Polak had at least two dealerships --- one for Porsche, the other for BMW.

I could find three addresses:

199 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach
    . . . . this was for the Porsche store

2901 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach
    3001 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach
    . . . . these were probably for the BMW dealership: one for new, the other for used cars.

FYI: BMW still has a store at 2775 PCH.

Hope this helps.

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes

I saw this lic. frame and wondered ... I had never heard of a Redondo Beach location.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

I believe his first dealership was located at 356 Pacific Coast Highway in Hermosa Beach. I had a 64 356 with service invoices showing that address. He later moved up the street to Manhattan Beach, but I don't know when.

Rob
    356Robo
    64 C Coupe #218448(sold)
    70T Targa #9110110416(sold)

Vasek

Go to GOOGLE , type in Vasek Polak and receive about 500 articles, whats the big deal?
    Mike

I purchased a new car from the dealership in Hermosa back in 1995 from a german salesman that had worked for the dealership for 20-30 yrs. I can not recall his name but he knew a ton about the good old days. it was before the accident in germany that killed the owner.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Go to GOOGLE , type in Vasek Polak and receive about 500 articles, whats the big deal?
    Hi Mike. Just love your cranky helpfulness.Thanks a lot

I should have been more clear in my first post. Most Porsche nuts on this board, myself included, are well aware of the of the Hermosa Beach and Manhattan beach dealerships. I spent quite a bit of time on the internet trying to track down information on a Redondo beach dealership after seeing the above frame, without success.
    It sure isn't a big deal that I find out; just curious. I just thought someone here might know.
    Thanks to all for your help.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Mark : I am interested as well about this Topic cause I has just bought a "Vasek Polak Redondo Beach frame" for $ 100.00 usd plus shipping to Mexico (Not cheap !) . So are this Copy Cats or fakes ?. Since I am in Mexico I can not check personally if there was a Redondo beach location back in the 60s . And there are tons of info. in the web. So this Post is useful for me. Just to now What the heck have I bought ????
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

Mark,

I found this thread from January. One of our members, Southbay356, states that Polak never had a dealership or a service facility in Redondo. He identifies the locations of the other facilities down to the sides of the street so his opinion sounds credible.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...e-Plate-Frames

-Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)