Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoration of a RHD 2.2S.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    YOU WIN !!!!!Never have I seen a car taken so far apart. I trust you're a young man, a 60 year old would never live long enough to finish it.
    Knowing the speed at which Alan works I would expect to see it finished ready for this year's summer season (if we get one) ...

Alan likes nothing better than getting his hands on a rusted-out wreck that most other people wouldn't consider salvageable ... as long as it's RHD of course !
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am very much looking forward to restoring this car and will be sure to add pics during each stage.

For now this car has earned the term "swamp car",

As I mentioned it was in a building that got pretty hot!

Thanks

Alan

I would also like to spend more time on this car and I shouldn't take too long. I restore these early cars as my profession so there are other cars to also finish before the 2.2S,

eg: at the moment we have a 2.4T RHD

Body work and all parts now completed and interior painted yesterday

A RHD 2.7RS

All body work and paint now completed and is what we have been working on for the last 2 weeks. This is now almost ready to go back on it wheels and final fitment.

Then a LHD RS currently away being blasted (the car at the back) the black car is a RHD 2.4S now completed.

Thanks for looking and I will be sure to add some more pics.

Alan

Alan you sure got my attention on that one It's unbelievable to me that a car in that condition would be remotely economically feasible to build, restore is not a term I think of when I looked. I can't imagine not being upside down for 50+ years. Looking forward to progress reports.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Hey, the black car with the red Carrera stripes has the steering wheel on the wrong side. I would be happy to relieve you the burden of this odd-ball car.

You have my high respects for taking on such a tough restoration. Thanks for keeping another long hood on the road.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Thanks again,

The black car in the front of the previous pic, (the steering wheel is on the wrong side ) is a 73 RS nb 1280, now up for sale by the owner.

http://www.fiskens.com/pages/shop/it...l.aspx?pid=421

Alan

Nice gauges on the 2.2S

I know Oliver they do look good esp the rust around the rims but they are the ones that will be restored and used in this car as they are the original guages and hence have the correct ink date stamps.

Alan

Hi,

What was left of the shell was blasted before going on the jig to remove all the old paint and underseal.

Alan

Before any repair sections/panels can even be thought about the rust needs to come out.

Not for the weak hearted

Alan