Thread: Russo & Steele 2010 Scottsdale disasterous tent collapse amazing footage

Russo & Steele 2010 Scottsdale disasterous tent collapse amazing footage

Hello everyone, in case no one has heard there was a terrible storm in Scottsdale that really hurt the Russo & Steele sale. I got some amazing coverage of the disaster. Only 1 Porsche 356SC was damaged in the indecent, no other Porsches as far as I could see.

I had a Soft Window Targa in between a 1970 GTO and 1940 Chevy delivery truck - both of which were destroyed but the SWT survived and sold.

About 125 cars were insured by Hagerty, including mine. Many were not insured. If you do not have insurance and your car then I recommend you get it now. I met Brad Phillips from Hagerty at the auction, an all around great guy that knows about Porsches, he is on this board. Contact him if you need coverage: bphillips@hagerty.com

For the most complete videos look here, they are interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vintageexcellence

Did your 68 912 coupe get damaged?
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Both of my cars had some minor damage and they were sold at a discount to reflect the damage in AS-IS condition. Still all the damage could be repaired within a week in a good shop. The buyer is stoked with my cars.

can you direct me to the site where the results are posted? we had a contest estimating what the golden green coupe would bring. thanks-Bill
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

A contest? Where was this contest? I gotta see that.

The results may not be posted for a little while as the Auction crew is no doubt behind. Check http://www.russoandsteele.com/

There is a caveat on the sale prices of both the cars I sold. I am holding off for a couple days on disclosing the price. People will find out but the new owner wanted me to hold off. NY Times is using pictures of the Soft Window for their Sunday edition.

Hi Mark, glad everything worked out for you. Your coupe is exactly the way I hope mine looks someday.

Here is the link to our contest. Your car got lots of extra exposure as a result I think.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=31829
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005