Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCA-GPX at Willow Springs

Now that is funny.

Looks like the weather will be pretty good. Forecast is for 38* early on and 70* during the day. I'd bring clothes that will layer and protect against wind.

I've done this deal a few years ago and it's a top rate event. The way they did it then was to pick corner workers from the entrants for one session. I bet if Max does a session out in a corner, he will be accommodated in a most friendly way.

The driving event chair is Skip Carter and his email is skipcarter (at) pobox (dot) com. I once asked if I could reserve a car number ahead because I had some livery on the car and they couldn't have been nicer about letting me use that no.

Come on down to the Grand Prix Region breakfasts each first Sat of the month at Friscos just off the traffic circle in Long Beach. I get there about 8:15 and the coffee flows by 8:30. Depending on the day, I've seen everything from 3 Panameras at once to a 356 bent window.

Good idea, thanks.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Come to think of it, I will find corner-working interesting. I will have a great view of the cars and can study the fast drivers' styles and lines. Then I will be more prepared to drive when my car's suspension work is done.

Also, when my shift is over, I can get some great, close-up action shots of the early 911s turning fast laps round the tighter turns of the Streets.

Who is in from this group?

Ray I did not see your name in any of the run groups....are you coming? Did not see Lars either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeverlyhills View Post
    Ray I did not see your name in any of the run groups....are you coming? Did not see Lars either.
    Christian, SORRY...I have to work Monday. I know Will Sanchez is going for sure, leaves today

I am not sure about Lars or Chuck, Magnus..

See you at Buttonwillow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

My photos are up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/

Cool Weather, Cool Cars, Hot Tires, and Fast Driving.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The early 911s were very smooth and quick around the curves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice day and great conditions, sorry to have missed so many of you. Will Sanchez was there flying around as was Rod Taylor with his very trick 69 sports purpose 911. Thank you for the photo Max, why didn't you introduce yourself?

There were 2 run groups in the morning, lunch then 3 timed laps. Then 2 more run groups but with so many folks hitting the road early it was opened up to all so we had continuous laps basically for as long as you wanted to run your car at those elevated temperatures. I took off around the ring road of the facility to cool off and give the car a break. They have pretty much any kind of racing facility you can think of: go karts, drfiters, motorbike, off road etc.

Once brakes and temp were restored it was back on the track for more laps. A very wide range of skill on display but a very high degree of respect for safety too. I had point bys from a GT3rs and several late model Boxters and Caymans and was eaten up and spat out by Eric Hergesheimer in a 914 with 79 horses at the rear wheels!

Thanks to Marco and Tony at TLG my car was ready last week and ran faultlessly all day, purred like a kitten on the ride home. Thanks also to Skip Carter and Suesan Way and all the folks at Gran Prix Region, this was a great event well staged, well priced and run smoothly and safely, what more could you ask?

Looking forward to Buttonwillow....who is in?

I was thinking of saying hi when I first got to the track and saw your car in the pits. You were not in it at the time so I hung onto the wall for a bit to watch the track action. When you came back, it was your turn to go to grid so I did not want to stop you. Then I moved up onto the bleachers further down so I could get a better angle on your car in action.

I expect you did very well since you have the class record for the Streets with the POC, according to the TLG website. You looked very smooth and fast to me.