Thread: Sport Seat Install

Sport Seat Install

Just got my 68 sport seats back from Tony and went to install them in my 67S.... but the holes on the seat rails dont line up exacty or well enough to get all the bolts in - only 3 bolts in the driver seat and 2 in the passenger. I dont feel like pounding them with a rubber mallet yet and dont want to drill. Does anyone have any tricks or have solved a similar situation?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you're talking about the seat mounts that bolt to the floorpan, maybe try putting the bolts in diagonally, and loosely. Then slightly push and move the mount around until everything lines up. It can be a bit tricky.

Same for me...I've started one, and then flexed others into place. Other times I've had no problems at all. Not an unusual situation.....

E

Another trick is run a tap through the holes to make sure you are working with good threads and use new hardward that is still available
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks for the tips!! Will give them a try...

Absolutely great information from each and every one of the posters. They don't go in without a fight. Loose is good until they are ALL started.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

sport seats

Can you provide the size of the seat bolts? Tony is rebuilding a set of sport seats for me to replace my standards. Curious on the bolts size difference.

Dave
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/

6mm pan or socket depending on location. Pans on the tracks mounted to the seats (for clearance). Sockets on the outboard mounts (not under the seat itself).
    These are generally available from Stoddard.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I just installed new (to me) seats and found you should loosen the outer mounting plate (sub mounts?) then install the 6m bolts for the rails and lastly tighten the outer mounting plate
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

sport seats

Thank you. I'll be in touch if I'm challenged by the install.
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/