Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My 914-6GT post moved to off topic.. WHY

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Martin and all....... so much hub-bub.....

Here's what's under the 'General Info'

Sure, sometimes there is other Porsche content in the 'random videos' or 'Porsche Rally pictures' but the intent in 'General Info' is always pre '74 911's

As to the S in Early 911S Registry... We are trying to be as inclusive without changing our name as possible. We refer to ourselves as 'The Registry' as much as we can, and have included a header on every page of this board stating 'A Forum For ALL Early 911 Enthusiasts'

I love 914-6's in all forms, I like Martin's car, and REALLY like Tony's car... I've pitted for Topper Chassie's 914-6 (that he raced since new up to the year he passed away) on many occasions.... AND I think Martin's lovely wife deserves a medal for passengering on some of runs we've been on....

However,

In the 'General Info' this is still an Early 911 Forum...

All other Porsches' are MORE then welcome to be in the club and to post in the 'Off Topic Forum'......I'm sorry if that's not agreeable, but as was said, we have to draw the line somewhere....

I will add to the '914-6 Eye Candy' thread in 'Off Topics'.... and delete this thread by tomorrow...

Cheers
    Well Chuck,
    "deleting this thread by tomorrow is not very democratic"

And you do not at all address the argument that am making about the 914-6 beings a comtemporary of early 911s.

Infact you are being very chauvenistic about early 911S, and those that present another point of view are just creating "Hub bub"

I certainly do not think that discussions on Porsche 914-6 belong in "Other Topics" That is a place for politics and/or legislation affecting "classic cars" ..

The reason I am persuing this subject is to demonstrate the need for the forum administators to open their minds and revisit the subject, and who belongs under the early S umbrella. You say that you are trying to be inclusive. Well, rather than deleting this post tommorrow, I would think you would encourage wide discussion to allow the democratic process to take place and membership at a large also have a voice in guiding "policy" of the control board. So Chuck how about a little patience and accomodation.
    Thanks in advance,
    Martin
    PS. I like your Porsche too.

How about this for a suggestion?

Just as the Classifieds Ads have an "Other Porsche Cars" category, perhaps the Early 911S Registry Forums could have an "Other Porsche Cars" category as well....in addition to the General Info, Technical Info and Drives, Tours, Gatherings, etc. categories that are already there.

That way you could post cool non-early 911 cars like 914-6 GT's, 964's, 962's, etc there.
    And not dilute the early 911 posts in the General Info category.
    That way people who don't really go to the Off Topic category could more easily read through these non-early 911 Porsche car posts.

What do you think?
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Thanks Chuck -

I've consulted with my wife, the "Assistant to the Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs" at San Francisco Theological Seminary, and she agrees that automobile forum moderators should be eligible to go straight to heaven thereby by-passing purgatory and the pratfalls that await we mere mortals there.

Please keep up the good work in steering the straightest, fairest course that you can in these troubled waters.

Cheers

johnt
    who owns a 912

Porsche content......

It doesn't matter if Chuck deletes or not this thread is on fumes.....

Martin, This argument makes no sense why do we not include threads on Gremlins; I believe they are also contemporaries and have a community following.

My new 15s on Stitch and oops.....Nick, Jeff and Reza (EarlySers) committing the blasphemy of admiring Raj's 914-6...... and of course a Gremlin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

914 isn't 911

Chauvinistic about early 911S? You've got to freaking kidding me Martin.

The problem here is... there IS no problem.

911 S Registry has been around a long time — this is what it is. I love it. Martin, I'm a paying member too and I've never expected a democracy here or at any other car forum I belong to... The board works fine and the people who run it work REALLY HARD at making sure it does.

If you don't spend time in Off Topic it's your loss — there is some great content posted there.

This is just NOT worth the effort. Everyone here loves 914 cars...
    blah, blah, blah ...
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Before we pick any further fly crap (the other 4 letter word isn't allowed) out of the pepper let me add the following:

I've got a 9/10th's of the law 914/6 in my garage. I've been charging a hellacious storage fee and will soon invoke a garage keepers lien and mechanics lien.

More than one way to…..get a car!

NOW: Send it to OT where it belongs.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

??? i really don't understand the problem.... this is a 911 registry....

BTW, look at this wonderfoul piece of metal now unders doctor's knife in Monza:

Best
    Andrea
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

I consulted my wife who is the assistant to the Dean of Political Science here at the Uof U and she assures me there is nothing democratic about an automobile BBS.

(I think that means Chuck can do as he pleases)

Here's mine though...

Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

Anybody actually seen in person the work Chuck does for the "Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board" on a daily basis?

I have. 24 hrs was enough for me.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

914's are cars you buy when you're teenager and a 911 is what you buy once you become a MAN. Ha ha, bring it on.
    72S, 72T now ST