Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My 914-6GT post moved to off topic.. WHY

If you want to beat the 914 drum go to the "14 Registry", oh! no 914 Registery, I guess not enought interest.
    Mike

914 is a Volkswagen and Chuck Miller sits around all day on the couch eating bonbons.

Seriously Chuck, you pitted for Topper? Amazing man, I remember seeing him race at Riverside and Willow consistently faster than anyone else and generous with his time?? He took me out in his 914-6 and that was when I came to realize what fantastic cars they are and how much better on the track than a similar vintage 911. He had a major ding dong all day with Pete Zimmerman's (Redline Srevice, Santa Monica) 914-6 but managed to build a car length per lap lead and won by 20 seconds. I followed him around the track and pits all day like a Labrador and he introduced me to everyone.

Kenikh and others, some of the best info is here in Off Topic, the technical stuff and classifieds are great but topics here are brought up by members of our club who often see things other members might miss; where would we be without the "End is Coming" updates from Sithot?

And thank you Chuck for all your hard work and consistency of standards, we could not be in better hands.

Quote Originally Posted by 9146racing View Post
    i am amazed, i think everybody should get a grip here. this is going to get ugly.
    1. thanks for posting my car Martin, i enjoyed seeing it here on the forum
    2. we 914-6 (+GT) owners have a very cool forum with Roadglue
    3. this is a early 911 site and i have no problem with it being moved to OT
    4. if good old Ferry decided to put a Porsche crest on something, it is a Porsche, who are we to judge his decisions.

FYI, the 911 had a hard time in front of the 356 crowd, do we really need to go there?

i just want to enjoy the product, air or water cooled,
    that's my 2 cents

Hans Lapine (owner of the grey GT)
    Kundensport
    Hey Hans, My Uncle Dave who you know well brought the #11 916 by my house before it went to Germany. Very cool to go over that car top to bottom. I took a bunch of pics. I've owned 6 914's and built a 914-6 but then I bought a 911 and never looked back. I do like 914's though. Just having fun with everyone.
    72S, 72T now ST

I guess not enought interest.
    Over 7,000 members here:

www.914world.com

They tend to call 911's "donor's" over there. LOL

I'd say there's a tremendous amount of interest in 914's. More everyday as Pete Stout continues to "beat the 914 drum" in almost every issue.

Just having fun with everyone.
    Agreed... My two Porsche loves are 914's (especially the 914-6/GT) and early 911's.

feast your eyes on just one example of event results.This is just an example-there are some new cars in here as well.

Raj

http://results.pcasdr.org/event_stan...&time_format=0
    Yikes! Not a single longhood in the top 10!! Beat by a 914 and a bunch of waterpumpers!! LOL
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Neunelfer View Post
    Yikes! Not a single longhood in the top 10!! Beat by a 914 and a bunch of waterpumpers!! LOL
    First of all, Herb Meeder's 914 is an autox special, extremely lightweight with a built 4-cyl. engine (not a 914-6). It is very quick on a tight course and Herb is a great driver, but those results were "cherry-picked" out of the overall series standings. If you look at the YTD results for PCA-SDR here, you will see that Dan Andrews ("gulf911" on this forum) in a '73 911RS-look has dominated 4 out of 5 events in AM class this year consistently beating Herb's 914 in a longhood 911. I was at the referenced event on 4/17, and Dan was the victim of an unfortunate tire experiment that day, which rendered his performance "sub-par" to say the least.

Just setting the record straight,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

LOFL... Mr. Pasta. I was driving the 911 when I read this on my BB, laughed so hard I lifted off the throttle and almost oversteered into a Duke's of Hazard U-turn!

in a '73 911RS-look has dominated 4 out of 5 events in AM class this year consistently beating Herb's 914 in a longhood 911
    Ouch! You're saying he was beat by a 4-cylinder that day, but, usually he does beat the little 4-cylinder, right?!?! That's no fun!! (Hey, Raj... we need to go digging for more "results" to help our lil'rusty Brethren... plus, I think Tom's making all this up.) LOLOL.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

oops premature deletion........

911s rule! To all others banishment to OT
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I was going to say something... but.. Honestly, we all need to get lives. This really IS the early 911 site, PERIOD. I promise to not bitch that you don't wanna discuss my later model Porsches here as... they DON'T BELONG HERE.

Different sandlot. Back to the real world.
    JR

Hey, now that this is in "Off Topic", anything goes. Lets see your water heaters.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Time for another "Pantie-ectomy" John... we're just joking around and having fun with it at this point (at least I thought we were?). It's already been firmly placed in OT as Max mentioned.

Once Max gets passed by a NARP on the "outside" on Mulholland... then we'll start to get serious again!

Here's a "Piggy" picture for Max...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance