Thread: What spacers for 7x15 wheels under SC flares

What spacers for 7x15 wheels under SC flares

I hope to have SC flares welded onto my 73 next weekend. I'm running 225/50/15s on 7x15 cookie cutters in the rear and want to pull the wheel out from inside the well. Right now they just tuck up inside the narrow body quarters with a lot of negative camber.

I've got longer studs to install and 1/4 inch spacers from another project, but am thinking I could add at least 1/2 inch and up to 1 inch to really fill-up the arch.

Anyone done this?
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

7mm is max on stock stud, but given offset, you could almost certainly go with factory 22mm spacers, which are about 3/4". For those you'll need longer studs. I have a set of spacers I am not using, but 67mm studs are the ones to go with if using these. They are easy to turn down for any final tweaking, too.

I am happy to send them to you to use, but can't get them in the mail until Wednesday. If you want to try them, I will need to replace them eventually, but no time soon.

If interested, let me know. I'll ship them, but order the studs quickly to make your date if yours are shorter than 67mm.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    7mm is max on stock stud, but given offset, you could almost certainly go with factory 22mm spacers, which are about 3/4". For those you'll need longer studs. I have a set of spacers I am not using, but 67mm studs are the ones to go with if using these. They are easy to turn down for any final tweaking, too.

I am happy to send them to you to use, but can't get them in the mail until Wednesday. If you want to try them, I will need to replace them eventually, but no time soon.

If interested, let me know. I'll ship them, but order the studs quickly to make your date if yours are shorter than 67mm.
    Not sure whether the 7 mm works with stock studs and alloy nuts. I think that it might if you use the steel nuts. I had to change my studs to go with 1/4" spacers.

Shawn, I have 10 Turbo studs, which are good for 1" spacers, in case you're interested.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    Not sure whether the 7 mm works with stock studs and alloy nuts.
    It works...barely.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thank you Kenik and Tom.

Kenik, I have 10, 66mm studs and steel nuts to use. Think they will work with your spacers?

LMK and I'll send you a PDF waybill once packed up if you think they will. Thank you, and yes, I can certainly replace down the road.

No rush BTW, I plan on cutting/welding the flares on this Saturday, still have to put another motor in, my 3.2 deal fell through.

Tom, I agree that 1/4 inch spacers require new studs.
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

The easiest way is bolt to bolt adapters. We have used 15,17,21,25. The 25 sometimes close. Way easier than changing studs. We use max 7mm with stock studs. IMHO
    H