Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 119300002 Amazing Find Under G Body

Thumbs up

Wow, Leon. Good show. It's good to keep your eyes open for just such a find. Testing Department?! Hmmm, looks like the story could get really good. ST prototype?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Thumbs up

BRAVO Leon……
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

So

Did I miss something? Its a 1969 something that someone stuck a big tank in, and updated the body. Maybe its the second 1969 made, so what? Not origional motor either.
    Mike

I tend

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Did I miss something? Its a 1969 something that someone stuck a big tank in, and updated the body. Maybe its the second 1969 made, so what? Not origional motor either.
    To agree with you Mike. However, it is still fun to find an S lurking. And to support new finds that are exciting to the new owner. Heck, this one can be restored too! The sunroof and Turbo parts can be sold to offset a (small) fraction of the retoration cost.

-Allen-

Irish GREEN

Quote Originally Posted by ST Man View Post
    What it should look like
    what a great color and car !
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

So se moer

I think some guys have become wrapped up in cars that they think is superior. Well I believe all cars are special to their owners. Whether you drive a rust bucket beetle based porsche replica or a 917. You enjoy it... When you think you are sitting at the top you miss all the nice cars here. My favourite posts are the ones with passionate owners that enjoy fixing what ever they have.

I had the car traced before I bought it.I only saw it this past saturday so all is still fresh. So here goes according to sources the car was delivered to the testing department where it was retrofitted with a bunch of extras that I am not sure about yet and given to Dr. Ferry Porsche as daily driver. That is why the green is significant,all his cars was green. The fuel tank and sunroof was probably fitted at this point. But this is not confirmed yet. Dr ferry was also known to have his cars fitted with custom interiors but there is not to much left of the original interior. He kept the cat until Oct 69. The source will give me the original number plate then it will help in tracing the history in europe and hopefully a picture or two with DR Porsche.

Then the car was sold to a private german customer. The second owner was Freiherr Karl von Wendt. He was a blue blood German that raced 908s 917 in europe at the time. I will still trace his history and get facts. I o know that he commited suicide in Canada a few years ago.
    Then at some point the car came to South Africa. The previous owner to the one I bought car from did the conversion to G Body and owned the car for 28 years. I have his contact details and will be visiting him soon. Hopefully the original casing woth hole and all will be some where around here. As Africans are known to keep every thing.

Yes i did enjoy driving the car home last night sitting right where DR Ferry Posche did. The value of the car...who gives a ##%&. I will enjoy fixing it driving it and I will enjoy getting facts that support statements above. I will make some stupid information board for the car with it history on to stand next to the car in the garage. Then I will do what every porsche enthusiast does, sit in the garage and just look at the car and enjoy it.

T6D Pilot the ST is coming along fine. I will do a reveal on the site in the next month or two. The engine has been fitted we are now sorting out cooling and final electrics. I cant wait to start that car and go around the block.

Leon
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

Smile

Congratulations Leon, what a nice and important find!
    Hope you can find the original case.

Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Nice find!

I owned 119310002, 69S targa, second one built.... Alan B. owns it now.

Good luck with whatever you do with it, restored would be great though.

regards,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Nice find!

I owned 119310002, 69S targa, second one built.... Alan B. owns it now.

Good luck with whatever you do with it, restored would be great though.

regards,
    Eric
    Hi Eric

One of the things I did was go through the S registry listing to check the chassis number, my hart nearly stopped when I saw your cars chassis number. But well I figured it out in a few seconds.
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

Drive it like you stole it Ghost Chaser's Avatar
    great story leon. threads like this are what i like about the forum.
    Rich

Early S Registry Member #1394.

It's nobody's business what cars I own. I will tell you one thing though, they're air cooled and I beat 'em like they owe me money.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. -- Mario Andretti