Since last year's Cheesesteak Run was HUGE (close to 300 cars, in the pouring down rain, on a holiday weekend, the same day as another large event) we decided to break it down into smaller groups so we're doing a Euro Cheesesteak Run for this summer. We're certainly not excluding anyone from coming, if you want to bring friends that don't drive euros, just bring them! If you post this on any other forums, please post the link here so I can update the list.

2010 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
Saturday, July 24, 2010

10:00am – Meet in Rockville at Mid-Pike Plaza, Toys R Us parking lot
11802 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda, MD 20852

Leaving around 11:30am. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to get to Philly from here.

2:00pm – arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
39 East Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19148

Just to give you some information about Tony Lukes...

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait.

***Additionally, there is construction on the Girard Point Bridge and the road is pretty rough (very uneven, sewer grates sticking up everywhere, etc) so we're going to change the route we take. If you follow your GPS, you will be taken over this bridge.

Click this link for turn-by-turn Google Maps Directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.393105&z=12

Costs - $11 in tolls from Rockville, $6 in tolls back. A Cheesesteak is around $7 plus drinks. They also have other sandwiches, fries, mozzerella sticks, etc.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around 2:00pm.

Website: http://www.tonylukes.com. There is an outside restaurant where you order from a window, or there is a sit-down restaurant with servers and a restroom. I recommend the outside restaurant. There is lots of parking next to the sit-down restaurant.

***Please drive responsibly. The food will be just as tasty regardless of how fast you get up there.***

List of forums this has been posted on:

5 Series.net
6SpeedOnline
Absolutely Driven
Audizine
Bimmerforums
E46Fanatics
E90Post
Euro Addiction
FerrariChat
Fourtitude
Luxury4Play