There's very little satanic about my car, but a freshly refinished set of Fuchs from Harvey Weidman plus a little detail from Bob Tilton inspired me to try for a satanic detail of my own.

I liked the look of Bob's Parkerized steel lug nuts in this pic:

I haven't hunted in years and so not in with the gun crowd. Home Parkerizing kits require cooking over a hot stove, something the missus would not appreciate. So I decided to give Eastwood's Metal Blackening Kit a try. The kit operates at room temperatures. I used a set of brand new steel lug nuts from Stoddard. The new nuts have a light but definitely sticky oil coating. I degreased them in a 10:1 water:Simple Green solution, then rinsed in distilled water and dried. Once dry I hung them on a wire and immersed them in the blackening solution. The kit directions said to immerse 20-60 seconds but I found I got better results immersing for 2 minutes with light agitation. Then rinse again in distilled water for 30 seconds, dry, and seal with Eastwood's Diamond Clear which gave a light satin finish.

First pic (L to R) Nut with factory oil coating, degreased nut, blackened nut prior to sealing.

The overall color is more of a gray-black with some blue and green tones, not as uniform as I'd like but you have to get really close to them to pick up on it. Again, not a true Parkerizing but a lot less messy and less expensive as well.

Here's a closeup or two on the car.

I know I need to paint the hubs, and also need center caps. The Fuchs are 15x7s from a much later car and came with the caps that have two holes in them. Harvey made a gallant effort to fill the holes but without success. He's told me to keep an eye open for a set of '74-81 caps, so for the time being I'm going to run without them.

Now for a shot of the whole car:

Apologies for picture quality and the overall appearance of my car. I'll edit this post later with more details, and update my introduction thread, but wanted to post these quickly.

Thanks,
Ed