Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any news on Ventura show 2010 /

Here we are in August...

and I haven't heard anything from these guys...Not one word.

As a vendor, I've supported/attended that event almost every year from the very beginning.

Not sure how they can realistically expect vendors to scramble & commit at the last minute, especially for a gig that expensive.

Good Luck.

R/Thom
    www.pmletter.com

Quote Originally Posted by marankie View Post
    For your information, I talked to the guys at World Class Motoring last Wednesday, and one of them claimed that they were having their Ventura "show" October 2 and 3.
    Yeah, they told me that some months ago. I don't believe it. They are all talk.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

All Hat, No Cattle
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Move it

Move it to the Rose Bowl parking lot and do it just Sat. and they will double, last two years attendance. Take that to the BANK !
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    Move it to the Rose Bowl parking lot and do it just Sat. and they will double, last two years attendance. Take that to the BANK !
    That's actually a GREAT idea, and one say only should've been the way it always was....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Air-cooled to the end
    Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup View Post
    All Hat, No Cattle
    LOL

Ventura was a sad event last year, real disappointment for locals, not to mind us guys who had flown 8,000 miles for it!

Was good to meet friends old and new, but there was a fraction of the Porsche content there that I was expecting. I have it down as one to avoid.

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

As World Class Motoring's main Ventura Show Porsche consultant for 2008 and 2009, I must give my sincere apologies if you flew all the way from the UK to go to the show. I was trying to be optimistic that they would come through but the show did not deliver. Especially in 2009 when they had a year to get it together. 2008 was just a month and a half!

I thought the show was somewhat fun in 2009 because it was mainly a private Early 911S Registry + R Gruppe gathering with all the vendors. Laid back atmosphere to catch up with the cool guys.

But...

I would have preferred to spend my Saturday driving around the canyons. The 20 miles or so was a little far for me to go just to park.

I look forward to whatever the Early 911S Registry can arrange in the way of group drives/tours.

Hi

I know there are NO show this year in Ventura,

but was there ever an official Email or posting about why ?

I know someone who drove from the East Coast to sell

Sorry to see its dead , hopefully someone does another Fall show in the LA area.

Dave

World Class Motoring just did not get their act together. They are not really Porsche guys, so their heart was not much in it, especially after the turnout the last two years.

Stefan at GTS Classics along with Dave at TRE could get the wheels on the bus to turn again....