Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: '69-'73 Replacement Dash @ Lakewell

I deleted a few , at your leasure......thx

Thanks Jazzman. From the post #62, I've noticed your speaker is under the dash so everything needs to be taken apart again if you need to replace the speaker. Is there anyway to enlarge the dash opening in order to be able to drop the speaker from the top based on your experience with this repro dash?
    Thanks again.

Manus
    Manus
    -------
    '73 911S Targa - Black
    '73 2002tii - Inka Orange

Has anyone heard of any updates regarding Porsche Classic finally re-doing the 69-73 dash properly? If not, has Lakewell been the better option vs. the current Stoddard replacement currently available?
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Ok guys time for some updated news here. Thanks
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

I need a replacement as well, so any developments would be appreciated.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Looks like one of our own has stepped up to the plate with a repop.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-tops-all-type!

Please post a review of the fit etc if any of you are brave enough to be the first to try it.

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Let me just confirm I am NOT the producer of these , but I know the guy very well
    I can see this post started small 2 years ago
    small.. improvments have been made over time , and most importen he can deliver now , in the past he had crazy back orders ,
    BUT if I in person can say any experience advice
    well first is window out , no doubt there is no other way out ,and remember to place your new speaker in first , the speaker grill in the dash is NOT comming out
    you will mostly experience ,that some of the holes in the metal body dash frame, must be drilled a bit to the left / right 1 cm for the bolt of the dash top to fit
    but thats about it , please share if you got another view on these
    let me point out again, no matter where you buy these of its from me, ebay or . . . . . . . they are all from the same guy
    only thing is I got these on stock today

Regards
    Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Let me just confirm I am NOT the producer of these , but I know the guy very well
    I can see this post started small 2 years ago
    small.. improvments have been made over time , and most importen he can deliver now , in the past he had crazy back orders ,
    BUT if I in person can say any experience advice
    well first is window out , no doubt there is no other way out ,and remember to place your new speaker in first , the speaker grill in the dash is NOT comming out
    you will mostly experience ,that some of the holes in the metal body dash frame, must be drilled a bit to the left / right 1 cm for the bolt of the dash top to fit
    but thats about it , please share if you got another view on these
    let me point out again, no matter where you buy these of its from me, ebay or . . . . . . . they are all from the same guy
    only thing is I got these on stock today

Regards
    Marek
    I don't understand the difference between these dashes and the ones available new from Porsche.

Aside from the factory Porsche dashes having a removable speaker grille that comes out, both the Porsche dash and apparently the ones being discussed here require occasional modification of dash mounting holes.

So is this just a price thing? Because for 800E + 100E shipping + 3% for Paypal fees I can buy one from you, Marek, or for about $1200-1400 I can get a new one from my local Porsche dealer.

Seems like a wash to me...
    Last edited by Mr9146; 09-14-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I've never used them, but the feedback on these dashes I hear over here is very good, better than the ones sold by Porsche. Better fitting and better quality.
    BTW, they are manufactured in northern Italy by a "old economy" small company (no email, no www) and supplied to the major resellers as far as I know.

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

let me just first correct one thing in my advice, I had some questions about that
    the speaker grill do come off ofcause, but it do not have these plastic pins you just pop in ,just regular screws
    which makes it harder later on, to replace a speaker. but hey, how often do you replace it , first its in

and now Marco let me refere to the selling add :-) ONLY one guy (one type) is making these for everybody! . . . . everybody
    and I dont know the US price, but in EU its ca 1200 EURO retail by Porsche

Marek