Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lime rock, labor day weekend????

Juan, I was looking forward to saying Hi. Last year was such a hoot. Maybe next time.

Remember- Drive Fast

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

The car is really coming together Jens, see you guys this weekend. I'll be in the B paddock Friday afternoon through Monday, look for the Airstream.

Lewis, I'm sure you realize there is no racing Sunday - just the on track car show.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

yup, I do realize no racing, and I'm trying to convince Judy to rearrange the family stuf so we could go a different day....still working on it....hoping to be there saturday instead.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Hi guys.
    question? since it is first time for me and I am comming w/my own car (not R/V) what you sugest for a accomodations and what kind of tickets to buy for two adults and kid (6 y)? Thanks.

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

Depending on a few factors (namely then health of my 13 yr old pup), might take a drive up for a couple of hours sat or sun. Has forecast changed due to possible hurricane?
    Eric W.
    72 911T euro 3.2 T-Rally tribute
    73 CS30 original survivor
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    Colorado Grand 03/04/05/07/08/11/17/18
    RG # 650

weather

Forecast looks good as of now....

re accomodations?.....its kinda late at this point but Lakeville is a nice town so try the:

Interlaken

or

Wake Robin

the town of Kent is nice as well...

try

Fife n Drum

you could also try in Amenia NY..10 to 15 min away and maybe more rooms at this point of week.

even try the Cornwall Inn

is it your first time to that area?........its gorgeous..... many of us can steer you to great eateries as well...

sorry to hear about Mica, our thoughts are with you....last I checked the humidity clears out friday, and we get cooler temps, of course that sounds like it could be the leading edge of some drastic weather, but I'm optimistic....hope to see you.

Lew
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Quote Originally Posted by joelrkaplan View Post

is it your first time to that area?........its gorgeous..... many of us can steer you to great eateries as well...
    Thanks. What about event it self? admitions , best places to park car, have view or interact?
    I was looking at the webpage and Sat admissions w/paddock entrance not available. Is that THE PLACE to be at?

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

tics

Ive been going for yrs...

what do yo u mean Sat entrance and padd NOT avail? You are getting me worried. You mean special paddock parking?......that can fill up yes. But a few bucks in the right hand can solve that.

park wherever they direct you..unless you need to park in a special place. There are alot of hi dollar cars parked all around in the public lots...its what Id say is rather safe for public parking...no real yahoos around.

Once you are parked it will be clear to you how the track is situated. Its nice to set up under the trees at the LEFT hander,....a cooler, blanket and you are set.

You can walk the track and decide where to drop your butt.

Make sure to get to the garage/paddock area, it is open to spectators.........the cars are truly world class. Youll see them up close, talk to the crews, drivers etc....

If you can still get into the Porsche Corral, that is probably your best bet. It is fairly close to everything and the paddock is just down the hill and open to everyone. Parking there will also reduce the risk of someone opening their door and using your car as the doorstop.

For a first time visit, I would walk around the infield fence to see all of the great viewing spots, and you can see all of the cars up close in the paddock. It's one of the nicest and most fan friendly tracks you will find. A beautiful spot to spend a weekend.

edit: oops, Joel beat me to it.... what he said.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823