Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R GRUPPE AND ESREG PADDOCK for CSRG Vintage Race at Sears Point

R GRUPPE AND ESREG PADDOCK for CSRG Vintage Race at Sears Point

Want to get the word out. Cris Huergas is sending out a blast email to RG members and wanted the info available on this forum as well. Please post any questions here so that either Dave Sperow or John Thornton can reply. Should be a fun event!

Gentlemen (and Ladies)
    The annual CSRG Vintage Race at Sears Point on October 1 – 3 is coming up. Fellow member and vintage racer John Thornton has arranged for a special paddock parking for all R Gruppe members. On behalf of R Gruppe, I would like to extend the invite to all Early 911 Registry members and join us on October 2nd for the vintage race.
    Our very own John Thornton will be there racing his Gary Emory built 912R. There is even a charity lap available for those who want to ride shotgun in a race car driven at speed. This is sort of a mini version of the Monterey Historics without the circus act and high prices. A sampling of Porsche cars include a 906, 910, early 911s, 912s & 356s. Of course the Alfas, Ferraris, Lotuses and other marquee will be well represented as well as a collection of vintage Formula 1 and Atlantic cars.
    For those who would like to join us for the caravan, we will be having our monthly gathering at EASY on October 2nd, the first Saturday of each month as we usually do and we will be scheduled to leave by 11:00 for a caravan to Sears Point (sorry I’ve been going there since early 80’s and it will never be Infineon Raceway as far as I’m concerned) where John Thornton has arranged for a special paddock parking. Some of you may want to go the racetrack direct.
    In order to be part of this event, you must purchase your tickets in advance by sending your check or money order to John Thornton, made payable to CSRG, before September 24th, a week before the event. The tickets are $20 and will include a commemorative poster. 100% of the proceeds will go to charity and therefore tax deductible.
    Please send your payment and specify the number of tickets you need. The entry fee will be $20 for the Saturday which is when we will be having the paddock parking. For those of you who wants to go on a Sunday, paddock parking may also be available but at this time, we are only committed to doing the Saturday event so please reply back so we can gauge the interest for a Sunday paddock parking.
    For those purchasing tickets, they will be ready at the day of the races. If you are pre-paid, your name will be on the list of paid entrants which will be at the gate. So all you have to do is drive to the gate and inform them about being part of the R Gruppe paddock parking. They will have the list of all the entrants. As I said, the deadline to get your payments is September 24 no later. Come out and join us for this event.
    Send your check or money order made payable to CSRG to:
    John Thornton at 14 Carnoustie Dr. Novato, CA 94949
    Pls. reply back to this post so we can get a good head count if you’re planning on coming. I look forward to seeing all you guys, R Gruppe and S Registry members on October 2nd.
    regards,

Cris Huergas
    Chief R Gruppe
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

OK if I'm driving an accordion-nose? (3.2 CS trib)

David Soares

David,
    Let me ask the organizers and I 'll get back to you.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Just heard back - it is my understanding that all Porsches are allowed.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    Just heard back - it is my understanding that all Porsches are allowed.
    Then the check's going into the mail. Should be some beautiful music...

I'll get a check in the mail for Saturday quick like.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

List of people attending:

Cris Huergas
    Bob Tilton
    David Sperow
    Sergio Meza
    Lee Mlejnek
    Jason McCandless
    John Gray
    Duane Hartley
    Jim Sanfilippo
    Ed Barnett
    Paul Reyes
    Harvey Weidman
    Kent Fitzgerald
    David Soares
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

People whose payments I've received.

John Gray 1
    Lee Mlejnek 1
    Jim Hybiske 1
    Duane Hartley 2
    Stan Carley 2
    Paul Reyes 1
    Dave Soares 1
    Jim Sanfilippo 1
    David Sperrow 1
    Ray McEvoy 1
    Jason McCandless 1

Race Entries a over 200 cars now. Including Tony Adamawicz (Tony A-to-Z, 1968 U2L TransAm and 1969 F5000 Champion) in his F5000 Gurney Eagle.

johnt

Payments received as of the 23rd. Update to follow.

09/18/10 John Gray 1
    09/18/10 Lee Mlejnek 1
    09/18/10 Jim Hybiske 1
    09/18/10 Duane Hartley 2
    09/20/10 Stan Carley 2
    09/20/10 Paul Reyes 1
    09/20/10 Dave Soares 1
    09/20/10 Jim Sanfilippo 1
    09/21/10 David Sperrow 1
    09/21/10 Ray McEvoy 1
    09/21/10 Jason McCandless 1
    09/22/10 lLee Farrell 1
    09/22/10 Kent Fitzgerald 1
    09/22/10 Ed Barnett 1
    09/23/10 Harvey Weidman 1
    09/23/10 Sergio Meza 2
    09/23/10 Bob Tilton 1
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Ticket Arrangements

Simplest way to deal with this is to leave the tickets at will call.. This is located in the building on the left outside the main gate. There should be ample parking on the right (don't ask me! I didn't paint the lines Cheesy Cheesy ). Just ask for your envelope by name, then proceed with your ticket(s) through the main entrance.

The corral will be in the North End Of the paddock (near Jim Russell). You should continue up the hill past the paddock entrance and take the 1st right turn which will put you on a road which leads down and directly to the rear of the Paddock. Please do not drive through the paddock to reach the corral. There will be too much race car and pedestrian traffic without spectator cars.

Here is the list of tickets/envelopes that will be at will-call.

John Gray 1
    Lee Mlejnek 1
    Jim Hybiske 1
    Duane Hartley 2
    Stan Carley 2
    Paul Reyes 1
    Dave Soares 1
    Jim Sanfilippo 1
    David Sperrow 1
    Ray McEvoy 1
    Jason McCandless 1
    Lee Farrell 1
    Kent Fitzgerald 1
    Ed Barnett 1
    Harvey Weidman 1
    Sergio Meza 2
    Bob Tilton 1
    Peter Saad 1
    Cris Huergas 1
    Ernie Wilberg 1
    Frank Enea 1
    Rich O'Neil 1

I don't have the final schedule yet however since entries are now in the 210 range I believe practice will begin around 8:30 and races will continue until after 5:00. I expect the racing will begin after lunch, say 12:30 or 1:00 PM. If you want to buy a ride in a race-car ($50, $75, or $150 - for the Shadow and ex-penske Donahue MacLaren) you need to be in Registration by 10:00AM.

Bring a cooler with drinks as they are pretty expensive at the track. The same goes for food which is over priced, not too good, and served in a surly manner. I'll try to have water, G2, and snacks available for you guys in my pit, but I can be a bit distracted on race days.

Questions? What have I forgotten?

See you guys Saturday.

johnt