Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R GRUPPE AND ESREG PADDOCK for CSRG Vintage Race at Sears Point

Nice track shots! I had to leave before the Porsches hit the track and only got pics of the early F1 through Formula Jr.

Saw the Ex Bruce Jennings Car (#77) run down in Monterey and while it never seems to be on the brink I have to give it to the owner for taking such a well restored car out to the track.
    Also saw the Tony A to Z car on some qualifying laps and the sound coming out of that car was so raw and nasty.. Perfect!
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I have to say that it was great to hang out for a few races with Goriup. We found that we have an affinity for camera angles, world events, and Porsche fantasy builds... I've been a big fan of F5000 since I saw Graham McRae in his GM1 at Laguna in 1972 during the years that he won both the L&M and Tasman championships... I was late for Tony A-to-Z's championship year, but it's great to see him out in his 1969 Eagle, with which he is quite enthusiastic to be re-united... Of course Brian Redman's Jim Hall/Carl Haas Lola T330/T332's became the dominant cars until they got fenders for the pretend "Can-Am"...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by GTS View Post
    Hi All,
    I saw a lot of fellow early 911,914 and 356 have attended.I had been talking earlier this year when it was clear that Ventura didn't happen about the possibilities we would have to make a joint event.Porsche-Races-Technic-Show at Sears point.THat way we are onnthe WestCoast, our frineds form Oregon or Washington as well as from Nevada and SoCal could all meet up, have drives through the wine country-good food -good drinks and we would have the opportunity to see Porsches race, tae a lap or 2 on the course, have a vendor area and meet our friends .
    What is your take on it, I am willing to do the organisation advertising,website etc, if we have enough Vendors and commitment from the R-Gruppe,Early S,912 Registry,Rennsport and the 914's we could pull off another event like Ventura with a different spin and see our cars in action.And with the help of the CSRG and NASA we should be not shouting at the stars...
    Stefan,

I have emailed and telephoned you this week leaving messages about this and have received no reply. There is the possibility that we could arrange something for the Spring (late March-Early April) of 2012.

If you are serious, please let me know.

thanks

johnt