Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first production 914-6 #0011

first production 914-6 #0011

November excellence article on the first production 914-6 euro car used as an assembly / production car. first 914-6 in america used as a show car @ the boston car show November 1969 to introduce the 914-6 model to the USA. This car helped introduce the opening of the Porsche/Audi car dealer ships. Used by Porsche as a show car on the East Coast show circuit, Served as a factory to dealer demo car, then served as a VW factory sponsored race car. Only 914-6 made with matching engine,transmission,body numbers ending in 0011. Engine is a 906 base 2.0 LTR. twin plug motor, GT transmission, GT brakes & suspension and engine instruments. Found by gary Wigglesworth with a total of 11km on spedo and stored in 35 plus years. Restored body work Eddie Palmer & mike Schatt of Kuden Sport Camarillo California

Quote Originally Posted by cmacar View Post
    November excellence article on the first production 914-6 euro car used as an assembly / production car. first 914-6 in america used as a show car @ the boston car show November 1969 to introduce the 914-6 model to the USA. This car helped introduce the opening of the Porsche/Audi car dealer ships. Used by Porsche as a show car on the East Coast show circuit, Served as a factory to dealer demo car, then served as a VW factory sponsored race car. Only 914-6 made with matching engine,transmission,body numbers ending in 0011. Engine is a 906 base 2.0 LTR. twin plug motor, GT transmission, GT brakes & suspension and engine instruments. Found by gary Wigglesworth with a total of 11km on spedo and stored in 35 plus years. Restored body work Eddie Palmer & mike Schatt of Kuden Sport Camarillo California
    And owned by one of the NICEST, most genuine people you'll ever meet ... and he drives it with a heavy foot!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Is that the yellow one? The non-GT in Hans/Ed's shop?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Thumbs up

It's orange Max.....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

need to look closer at yellow 914

take a look under the left rear of the yellow 914,not your typical street car And ya its a real big tank full on dealer raced gt

Saw the car on Sat. at the Santa Barbara PCA meeting. Nice guy, great car. I took my "6" but spent most of my time looking at his!
    Early 911S Registry member#775

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Saw the car on Sat. at the Santa Barbara PCA meeting. Nice guy, great car. I took my "6" but spent most of my time looking at his!
    I thought I saw another 914/6 pull in but I didn't see where it went.
    -Marco

Thumbs up

Great car, super nice owner - a pleasure to photograph!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Marco....I pulled in the first row above the grass by the walkway. A lot of cars that day.
    Early 911S Registry member#775

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Marco....I pulled in the first row above the grass by the walkway. A lot of cars that day.
    I'm sorry I missed you.

But, you're right, the turnout was substantial. When I was leaving I was attacked by a couple of members who insisted that we show the Tangerine ST in this weekend's Santa Barbara Concours. We just might do that if the weather holds fast, so if you're there please come by and say hello. It's always nice to get to know other 914/6 owners (because it's such an exclusive club ).
    -Marco