Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ/PA/DE/NY/NE earlyS Drive Sunday 10/17/10

it was excellent, great day indeed....500 miles on a tank and a quarter, got to Watkins Glen just as the gates were opening to allow access to the garage and paddock....passed a RUF being trailered....wimps....

looking forward to seeing almost everyone again in 3 weeks !!!
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

passed a RUF being trailered....wimps....
    So very true!

Great roads and group, thanks guys!

Part of the group at about 7AM...
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

Great day, and fun meeting friends both new and old.
    Had one of the best omelette's I have ever had, a jamaican omelette made with jerk chicken. Worth a return trip to Boyering, car rally or not.
    Hopefully all will be in Lenox Ma in 3 weeks time for the next event.
    And Luke's quip about "waiting for Karl" is way off base. I ressemble that remark! I spent valuable chase time, avoiding a herd of guinea hens so that I could rejoin the wandering porsche heads.
    This quip from the same man who plotted to fill our cars with pasta products in order to sneak them onto delivery trucks and get them out to the west coast for some events. Ridiculous.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Pictures from when NOT waiting from Karl.......

It was great meeting up w/ Todd (camera shy) again and his Spec class racer. Received a wound on the trip..... Todd's attitude "I'll slap a decal over it"
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Cool P car moment.....

Due to the informal nature of this rally no maps were handed out. This left for more than 1 extended waiting period. As we were sitting silently aside the road awaiting the reforming of the group, we could hear the distant howl of 5 sets of sport mufflers as the cars were scooting over the pass. A must hear.....

Great pics gentlemen! Thanks for sharing.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Teechy

Sorry for the missed meet and confusion .

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    Sorry for the missed meet and confusion .
    No worries and thanks for taking it public.

For the record: Yesterday was my DW's and my 12th wedding anniversary. I feared I wouldn't be able to get time away for this but she had made dinner reservations in the evening so I was free. I e-mailed Luke with that news but wasn't explicit that I would be meeting up with the group for what was to have been Leg 3. I merely mentioned that the starting point for that leg, Erwinna Covered Bridge, didn't really have a good shoulder to wait on until the group arrived. So I asked Luke for the name of the nearby park where we'd met up with Jeff before. For the record it's Tinicum Park, about 0.2 miles north of the turnoff for the Erwinna bridge - you'd think I'd remember that as long as I've lived here!

At any rate, I had a nice solo blast to Easton and back that had its own share of P-car moments: a number of flashes and waves from impact-bumper 911s and a nice chat with a gentleman in a '58 Speedster at the Washington Crossing Shell station. Lots of nice British stuff on the road too, a couple of Big Healeys, a Lotus Elan, the usual Spridgets and even an MG-TD. Even picked up some chocolates for the DW on the way home.

I'll plan on meeting up with you lot in three Saturdays at the Simeone if not at the West Chester C&C beforehand.

Thanks again,
    Ed
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

I took 5 short videos with my new camera but cant seem to get them here on the site. Sorry I tried for many hrs. Im missing a link somewehere and its probably my brain!
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    90/93 Ruf BTR C-4[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

more pictures from an RSR

Mike Monde spelled me so I could ride with Lee. Here are the last of my shots.

Pictures from the hairpin.... Doc Raab, Wayne and Jim...... On the road following Karl and one last foliage shot.