Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars to Buy NOW ?

Quote Originally Posted by macroni View Post
    attraction and revulsion; much like i feel about rebecca demornay........
    lmao

The BMW E9s are beautiful and they WHOOOPED the butts off Porsches in the mid 1970s!

" CARS TO BUY NOW?" Someone said BMW (E9) 2800CS-3.0CS...

YEP!

I was not paying attention to BMWs in the 1970s-2,000s... Because I bought a new 1971 BMW 2002 and it was a total pile of SH!T... But recently I have changed my opinion not about the 02s but the E9s are beautiful and can be made very fast! (Ask Porsche at Lemans)...

They are like potato chips )and Porsches) you cant have just one... Thats why I have 3!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by execmalibu; 08-15-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Well, buy an E9 because you'd like one but get the best example you can find. They're REALLY expensive to restore compared to a 911.
    Though recently there's been more interest in CSLs with the best selling above $100K, prices are still relatively low for the CS with exceptional cars going for $25-40,000. It seems like BMW coupes have always had plenty of admiration but car pundits have been saying "buy 'em now before they go up" for 20 years.

BTW, also a fan of the Volvo 1800ES styling, but the car not so much... found a one-owner time capsule with only 24,000 miles on it, kept as a winter car by a Delray Beach woman in the horsey set. Still had the original spare, toolkit had never been opened, "made in Sweden" decals still in the trunk, every document and service receipt. It was unbelievable. She had traded it in on a new Toyota and a mechanic friend at the dealership gave me the tip: used car manager wanted it gone, $2400 bucks! We detailed it, drove it 7,000 miles (they handle like trucks and the B18 is busy at highway speeds) added AC, got it featured in VSA and sold it a couple of years later for three times what we paid for it which was still pretty cheap.

It went back to Sweden in 2002.
    Last edited by Bullethead; 05-07-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added text
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Weren't these things a couple of hundred grand when new? These cars are massive and have a real 'presence' out on the road. I want this!

1994 Bentley Continental R - $37,000

Bentley 7494871-425-0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Weren't these things a couple of hundred grand when new? These cars are massive and have a real 'presence' out on the road. I want this!

1994 Bentley Continental R - $37,000

Bentley 7494871-425-0.jpg
    Very handsome car........ but I believe it isn't the entry cost as much as it is the cost of participation as they age.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

You would look regal.......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    $285,000 new. Drops like a rock after that. CPI has it between $31K and $45K. It is yet another fine hole in which to piss money. How about an older Ram 3500 12v truck?

Like a friend used to tell me about his Jaguars of the 80's and 90's. When they go out of warranty is when I get rid of them.

Tom
    But I can get a repair manual on eBay for $79. How tough can it be?

Bentley-Rolls-Royce-Repair-Service-Manual-EPC-EWD

Now this is a deal...

1952 Dodge Power Wagon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...fCarsQ5fTrucks
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Perhaps this is a car to borrow now?

We need a new list!

johnt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Well, buy an E9 because you'd like one but get the best example you can find. They're REALLY expensive to restore compared to a 911.
    Would you mind explaining why they are so expensive to restore? My grandfather had (or actually still has) a 3.0 CSi and it is unrestored in a garage somewhere, probably in very bad shape. Never seen it run, probably garaged since the 80s. My uncle seemingly has no interest in the car, neither do I at the moment but who knows what time brings.