Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roger's Race

Looks like he had a nice Father's Day!...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Continue to keep Roger in your thoughts...from a recent post on his wife's blog...

Prayer requests:

* For Roger to regain his strength. (When we spoke tonight, Roger mentioned that this round of chemo has made him more fatigued and feeling weaker than the last time.) Also, for Roger's immune system to be strong so his body can fight infections. As much as he wanted to go to church on Sunday, he slept until mid-morning and so he wasn't able to go. ~ It is probably a blessing since it's best that he avoid being around too many people right now.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

9/5/11 post:

"Because of so many family and friends that care about Rog and Allison and me, as well as Roger's contributions in the Volkswagen and Porsche "realm" over the past almost 40 years (as well as his personality and how he has endeared so many people to him because of his giving nature and his incredible
    knowledge & passion about German cars) we have had people from all over the world: including Moldova, Israel, Australia, England, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands, Canada, India, Russia, Slovenia, Italy, China and across the United States reading about Roger's progress. Wow."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Blog entry from 12/18/11:

It blesses me so much to see Roger enjoying himself ~ when he has the chemo out of his system. Yesterday he went to Cars and Coffee and out to breakfast with about 10 friends and then he did some errands.

Would love to see some pics!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Blog entry from 12/18/11:

It blesses me so much to see Roger enjoying himself ~ when he has the chemo out of his system. Yesterday he went to Cars and Coffee and out to breakfast with about 10 friends and then he did some errands.

Would love to see some pics!
    Thought you'd enjoy this - I saw Roger at the Porsche Classic @ The Quail this past October. We talked for quite some time...he looked like a million bucks - almost 100% on speech and general carrying on, very impressive!

Since I haven't quite figured out how to copy a forum post from one place to another...you'll have to go here:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...referrerid=131

MerryChristmas everyone!

Cheers
    r/Thom

Just an update for those not aware. A recent scan showed that Roger's brain tumor was returning, albeit at a slower pace than the first. For the past few weeks, he has been enduring more Chemo, but he is staying tough and optimistic.
    I spoke with him a little over a week ago and he sounded great. He would like to have people to talk to and one of the effects of his condition is that it is very difficult for him to recognize names and numbers, so dialing out is not easy. He asked me to tell people not to be afraid that they are bothering him...he wants to hear from his friends. Why not give him a call and say hi this week.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Great piece on Roger in the current issue of Excellence. Don't know Roger, but sounds like a great guy. He and his family will be in our prayers.
    Early S Registry #2011

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2

I just saw Roger yesterday at C&C Irvine. He's doing well, still seeing the doctors though. We spent quite a bit of time together, he was very talkative. He said it takes him a bit of time to "warm up" in the morning, but he was looking good. He drove his VW vanagan with 911SC driveline. If you haven't seen this yellow beast before, it's a treat. Beautiful installation.

SPoke with Roger last week. He was going through chemo while we spoke. Despite that, he was excited to talk. He would love to hear from some of his old friends. If you would like to give Roger a call, PM me and I can give you his cell #.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I made a point to go introduce myself to Roger at the Phoenix Club show on Sunday when I crossed paths with him by chance. There could not be a more gracious person.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa