I have been having an ongoing dialog, mostly with myself but occasionally with a few other enthusiasts, about the character of our cars and the discussion often revolves around the premium that the market seems to attach to an S. Except for the serial number, there doesn't seem to be any difference in the chassis of a T, E or S. I understand the many tangible options that the factory offered as part of the S option package - engine enhancements, suspension enhancements, brake enhancements, etc. But I can add all of these to virtually any car, and I've seen plenty of T's that have already had many of these upgrades done over the course of the last 40+/- years, at a substantial discount to the price of a "real" S. I've seen plenty of S's that have been hacked, cut up and modified over time, such that many of these original factory offered parts are long gone, or the cars have been so over-restored that there is no way to identify if there is a single original component with the car, but at prices that are stratospheric. By any measure, these cars are all rare. So what makes an S an S?