Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strähle Porsche Swapmeet

Strähle Porsche Swapmeet

Hi Guys,

Sadly Paul-Ernst Strähle died a couple of weeks ago. As most of you know he was Porsche's "winningest" race driver and up till recently was competing, together with Herbert Linge, in historical events.

For a few years now his son has been organising a small but very interesting and well visited swapmeet in his home town of Schorndorf near Stuttgart. It's well worth a visit.

I have not seen anything about this on the forum so at the risk of repeating someone else here's a copy of the event flyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tony
    1958 356 Coupe
    1996 993 Cabrio
    Early 911S Registry no. 1699
    RGRUPPE no. 993
    PCGB no. 119

Quote Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sadly Paul-Ernst Strähle died a couple of weeks ago. As most of you know he was Porsche's "winningest" race driver and up till recently was competing, together with Herbert Linge, in historical events.

For a few years now his son has been organising a small but very interesting and well visited swapmeet in his home town of Schorndorf near Stuttgart. It's well worth a visit.

I have not seen anything about this on the forum so at the risk of repeating someone else here's a copy of the event flyer.
    It should be another good swap. All 65 vendor spots are sold out.

Richard

Yes sadly he died , still having plans to complete some ongoing restorations.This years Swapmeet should be very well visited.His son will carry on wityh the cars and restorations as well as the swapmeet.
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

I was there last year and found it most charming. Saw some very well known old faces from the Porsche fraternity...

So I will be there this Saturday for sure, but there will be a sad air after Paul-Ernst Strähles death.
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

I'll try to be there as well!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Fantastic:

Last edited by Milou; 11-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Very cool transmission cutaway. Milou, it looked like there weren't many people in the photos. How was the turnout?

I took these photographs around 9:30 before the official opening at 10:00. After that it was packed!

The Getrag cutaway is apparently a gearbox for a 356 Carrera, very nice.... It belonged to a Belgian collector who I think was there for the first time, and pretty much sold out within the first hour.

Last edited by Milou; 11-14-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Milou,

How much was the 'Porsche' travel bag? I have been wanting one and they never show up in the US. Any rare stuff? Also, what did they want for the large dealer Porsche letters?

How is your Calif. 912 also?

Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Steve,

The bag was advertised for about 520 dollars (!). A dealer asked me if he could take its measurements after I purchased it, so I suspect reproductions will soon be available.

I've only seen two others so I believe they are quite rare. Apparently, they were only available for a short period of time in 1968 as factory gifts for those who opted for the Tourist Delivery Program.

The Porsche letters were styrofoam reproductions, I've seen them advertised on Ebay France. I didn't get the chance to enquire on the price.

I really had a good time in Schorndorf, met quite a lot of people and saw a lot of nice things.

On my way to Germany, I managed to stop in Basel to see the Porsche show at the Pantheon Museum:

I also went to the Porsche and Mercedes Museums. Although the show on the Speedster's evolution was interesting, I was a bit dissapointed by the exhibition on Porsche in America.

Finally the 912 is being prepared over the next few weeks to be Swiss road registered. I cannot wait to drive it...
    Last edited by Milou; 11-14-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com