Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For sale soon-correct, metal engine bay decals both SWB (red) & LWB

For sale soon-correct, metal engine bay decals both SWB (red) & LWB

Hi.

We have been working on producing correct metal engine bay decals. After market versions and even those from Porsche are incorrect and printed on different materials hence having different colours of stickers seen on engine bays.

We are now close to having full correct sets for our early cars, printed on the correct metal material and all the same colour as it would have been originally. We have also gone to the extent of re-making the specific timing stickers as used on "US dept of H.E.W" "and to California" cars. Specific I know but hey best to do it properly.

We are also working on producing the correct Red bordered stickers for all SWB cars. It is surprising the number of people that don't know this style was ever used. Again we are working on complete sets and have used originals on which to base the new ones. So far we have found two different versions. Any SWB car would look better with a correct set of these.

I will catalogue each set soon. But for now here are some, and an initial example of the red bordered SWB decals.

Thanks

Alan
    Last edited by Alan.uk; 11-18-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Nice. When they're done I'll take 2 sets of the engine bay decals LWB.
    72S, 72T now ST

No problem, just let me know what year and model.

Thanks

Alan

Alan, I was also thinking of producing properly made stickers for the same reasons!!! Now that you've done it I'll direct my energies elsewhere and be glad to buy them from you. So let me put in my order for a 67S set. You can contact me direct at cdih@att.net
    Thanks for jumping in on these badly needed items.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi Alan- I also will need a set for a 1968 911L and possibly a timing decal for the cooing fan. E- Mail: norge911S@verizon.net Thanks Chris

I would love a set for a 1979 911E Coupe, if and when they're ready Allen.
    Frustrating to have to settle for what is currently available. Thanks for making them.
    Email: cjt@1-metro.com

Thanks,
    Bud
    70E Albert Blue
    Member #1906

This is great! Some of the ones that I got from Stoddard, a couple of years ago, were printed on lightweight material that crinkled with the heat from the exhaust.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

I'm in for a proper set for my Euro '72E; I came across the timing decal the othe day.

Please PM when avail.

Thanks,
    Last edited by MoparBoy72; 11-20-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

About these stickers: Dr. Johnson says they didn't come on 66 cars but appeared in 67. True?

These are beautiful and if I can resolve the above question a set will be going on my '66.

You may also want to consider the gold foil "nicht offnen" decals for the gas struts. . . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

John these should be on your car. I pulled several sets of MY66 and mine car still has them.

Andy did you team up w/ David Kennedy? He is supposed to make them too (and has a set of originals from me for that purpose)

Richard