Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: For sale soon-correct, metal engine bay decals both SWB (red) & LWB

Thanks

Happy holidays,
    S

Hi,

We are getting closer to the final produced sets, but still finding out more info.
    Eg) it was possible to find RS timing decals with both KG and AG. I am assured both of these were original 73 RS stickers.

But my biggest question at the moment is, when was this sticker used. I have lots of examples of the sticker on the Right, showing the vehicle weight as 620 lbs, but no examples of when the sticker on the left was used. Any help please

Thanks

Alan

# For sale soon-correct, metal engine bay decals both SWB (red) & LWB

Hi Alan, if this helps any, this is from my 71T, I'm certain this is an original sticker. The weight is higher and the 'C' model series is indicated. Since yours shows a lower weight, no internal model series, 185 X 70 tires, and the T,E,S, designations, my best GUESS would be 69 model year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the pic. I have that sticker already, yours is a 70-71 version. The 69 version is like this:

I am still stuck RE my decals with the 529 weight.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan, I'll take that one today and send this evening.
    Ed
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman7 View Post
    Here are original stickers on my 67.
    I have the exact ones & sequence except, for the one on the far left...Car was repainted a different color with the original color showing around the decals! My car is a 66 chassis # and sold as a 67 deluxe..Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 09-30-2011 at 09:16 AM.

For sale soon-correct, metal engine bay decals both SWB (red) & LWB

Hi Alan, as promised here is the high speed tire pressure decal to the left of the normal tire pressure decal on my 71 T U.S. version.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I'll take a set of these for my '68 when they're ready.

Hi,

For all those that have posted and/or sent PMs, we are working on these. I saw a set red boarder drafts today and after many, many hours of work we are almost there. I now know why no one has done the red ones before, getting the correct finish plus getting a clear type face and red boarder/text has proved a complicated task.

Thanks

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    Alan

Is this the 912 you were looking for this i believe is on a 68 912,but in the wrong location? or is it-should it be on the shroud i just don't know-but hopefully correct.

raj
    This one is correct and in the right place.

I have a '68 Targa and last weeks there was a extended discussion on the 912 Registry board about the 912 '68 only stickers.

General conclusion was that a 1968 912 had 3 stickers, all red bordered:

1. On top of the air fan shroud, the little timing decal, which was paper. Not aluminum backed...;
    2. The one posted by Varunan, the 'smog decal', placed on the engine cross member;
    3. A general sticker with weight, loads, seat positions and tire pressures.

A picture of #3 is posted earlier in this thread, the all fainted ones...
    If you want I have a full close-up of a new one.

Would be nice for all the '68 912 to have a correct set of stickers, as the '68 912 is one of the most sold years....