Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 914/6 collectability

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    What do you guys think about this-is this price correct?

price 124.436 GBP (200,000 dollars)
    It's only crazy if you don't get it.

- MR

Wow... perhaps more an indicator of the demand for quality examples by Europeans, but still wow. Rationally, one would think either car valued at most 1/3 the asking, but are that many available? How many were sold USA vs. ROW? And seeing these two examples partly explains why the cost of accumulating parts for a GT clone have been eye opening (if not watering) for me.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

I'm with you on that one Raj, that is sensational!
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

I am absolutely dumb struck by that sliver beauty. Love to know the wheel sizes . 7s and 8s?
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Well,if this was done at the factory as claimed i like it-may not be GT flares but still factory-reaaaaaally like it

raj
    I disagree. I think the car would look better with proper GT flares (same wheel/tire combo) or no flares (and 7s all around).

But, that's just me....
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco

As my GT is being restored wanted to share photos of the ST type flares that was on the prototype number 19 and harry's car(period photo with brumos car)-will be doing these with the restoration

raj
    Nope, Raj, I still don't like 'em. But please don't take my comments out of context.

I'm not saying they're not good or not cool, nothing like that. My comment was just that that particular body modification doesn't quite float my boat for the overall shape of the 914. Personally, I much prefer the slab-side of the stock body or the BIG bulge of the GT flare.

But who knows ... maybe they would look better to me in person from alternative angles...

Drive on!!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

What race is that Brumos car at in the picture? 914 043 0705 or 914 043 0315 I think these were the 2 cars they campaigned in the 70's

Raj,

In case it is of interest, a mate is selling his 914/6 at present:

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/...3/Default.aspx

Fully restored, very fast (twin plug 2.7) and totally sorted. I took it out for a 'few' laps at a track day last year - after about my 10th go around I noticed the owner had an odd look on his face and was starting to worry if I would ever come in.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Thanks for sharing Ryan

well what were your thoughts on the car and were you intending to come in or did the owner really have to worry?

raj

I was having a ball and did NOT want to come in and give the car back. As I got more and more comfortable and started to push harder the difference in the rotational axis to a 911 became evident - the 914/6 rotating around closer to the middle of the car.

I have competed in about 10 tarmac rallies in my 911 against this particular 914/6, and hung out with the owner whilst doing so, and will very sad to see it go to a new home.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

refering to a 1970 s and a 914-6, it would be interesting to see a comparison between both cars using the then available factory sports packages that were available to both cars. the 70 s would have the sports mods including the 2.2 ltr injection engine and the 914-6 would have the gt package. Since i drive a stock looking 914-6 with steel wheels (5.5 inch) and equiped with the factory sports package which is a 2.0 ltr gt drive line with gt suspension and brakes brakes, with stock fenders. Some comparision would neet to see.