Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: how about a mcsorley's get together

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    an t-usuail
    Karl you are too kind really.

This DBGB place is at 299 Bouwerie, down by First.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

dbgb OMFUG ; ) 530ish

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

. . . I guess we qualify as "gourmandizers."

that was a nice evening. i am in the basement of smalls, which is quite small. nice to know 304065 is a jazz man too, but we gotta geddimto come and drive with us : )

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Yep, Lewis Nash was at his best last night in the Vanguard. Sitting in that subterrenean cave I wondered about the acoustic layout: there's an HVAC duct basically in line with the flugelhorn. But the recurring theme hit me: Miles probably played to the same duct. . . you can no sooner remodel the performance space than you can knock down the bar at McSorley's . . . we value things for their imperfections, like a first edition book with its misspellings or an SWB 911 with it's tail-happiness.

Drive? I think I remember what that is like: restoration is one of those isometric things where your passion is sustained by the memory of the thing.

An outstanding evening, made so by the terrific company, many of whom came from far away. To meet such very nice people restores one's faith in the human spirit.

Wow that was heavy, time for some more coffee. . .

Lee and I had a great time, terrific seeing you guys. Always fun gathering for BS and car talk. This talk about taking the cars west is drivin' me nuts!
    My son showed up just after you all left, we went to awesome restaurant named "Freemans" about 8 blocks away. Time for some more fun in the city.
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Quote Originally Posted by 911rips View Post
    ... Always fun gathering for BS and car talk...
    Cramer actually let you get a few words in?
    So John... I guess you didn't like that CD I sent you.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

I actually said a few things about cars in between the BS.

Mark, you aren't going to believe this, but I went to listen to that CD and all of a sudden my amplifier started throwing out a bunch of high-frequency transients. I think it was overheating due to being in an enclosed cabinet, even though there is a fan. So I got about 30 seconds into the first track and that was all. . . .but what I heard, I LOVED! And thank you again for sending it to me. When I get things figured out with the amp I will post up a full review. . .

Wish you could have been there. . . .

What?!!? You've gone all this time with no amp? Don't you have an ipod, a cd player in your car or at work?

And... I agree with Reza, John. You need to join us this year on a drive. It's long over due

This is the least I can do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrE80rnjhw
    Last edited by Mark Morrissey; 01-21-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Speaking of Long Overdue, I feel a Powerful Thirst for some "Rich, Wax-colored ale."

The day has come round yet again when we must gather in the shadow of Cooper Union, hoist high some lights and darks and discourse upon important matters of the day. These include

Origins of the Euro Crisis
    What is the Triffin Dilemma?
    What was Reza trying to SAY with the "chapulin" thread, somewhere in there there was a great car but I got confused when he put up the picture of Tony the Tiger, I have to confess.
    First we start off in the USA. I'm all in with you. Then we see California. Then all of a sudden St. Basil's cathedral and the gosudarsvenie oonivershalnieyeh magazinn. Sorry that's the best orthographization I'm capable of and I'm not switching to a Cyrilic keyboard. Then all of a sudden BANG, we're back in California. Is this a political statement or something?

Enough of that.

How about November 17th? (Please no subreferences)
    This year we start early. I mean, how about 4pm? I always end up showing up late for these things, this time I'm going to be there early.
    My bartender friend retired to Florida, probably dedicated a sun porch in my name after all the nights we used to spend in The Old House at Home.
    You know the address by now. It hasn't moved since 1854.